• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please talk me off the ledge!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
After just three weeks, the joy of being a Steeler fan was gone once again! I know the Rooney's will never fire Tomlin which means the Steelers will never achieve anything but mediocrity. I am about to buy a billboard in Pittsburgh saying "HEY TOMLIN! THIS ISN'T STEELER FOOTBALL!"

Facts about Tomlin:
  1. In the last 12 years the Steelers have had more pro-bowl players, and more pro-bowl appearances, than any other team. And with that talent, Tomlin has won 3 playoff games! In that same time frame the Patriots have 16 playoff wins and 3 Super Bowl wins!
  2. There is a discipline problem every year under Tomlin, Martavis Bryant, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Chase Claypool, etc.
  3. Any coordinators the Steelers had under Tomlin, who have any level of respect within the league, have been let go; Dick LeBeau, Mike Munchak, Bruce Arians, etc. To be replaced by garbage coordinators who can't get a job after leaving the Steelers.
  4. It was said that Randy Fichtner was just Ben's yes man. Regardless of how much I love Ben, that is not a way to run a team!
  5. It was said that Matt Canada's offense is special but it requires a mobile quarterback and Ben was the problem.
    1. If that's true, why did they hire an OC who's game plan can't be run?
    2. Is it's true, why are we still seeing an inept offensive game plan when we now have two mobile quarterbacks?
  6. Najee Harris is a big strong running back who is a great pass-catcher out of the backfield and a great blitz pick-up back. BUT HE NEEDS TO HIT THE HOLE HARD AND FAST instead of shake and bake the instant he gets the ball! But Tomlin's philosophy is that players should be allowed to be themselves ...... HEY ASSHOLE! FOOTBALL REQUIRES INSTRUCTION AND DISCIPLINE! After all, the players are under-educated, over-paid, youngsters! THEY NEED TAUGHT!
Please tell me why I am wrong so I can have some hope!!!!!

Last edited:
After just three weeks, the joy of being a Steeler fan was gone once again! I know the Rooney's will never fire Tomlin which means the Steelers will never achieve anything but mediocrity. I am about to buy a billboard in Pittsburgh saying "HEY TOMLIN! THIS ISN'T STEELER FOOTBALL!"

Facts about Tomlin:
  1. In the last 12 years the Steelers have had more pro-bowl players, and more pro-bowl appearances, than any other team. And with that talent, Tomlin has won 3 playoff games! In that same time frame the Patriots have 16 playoff wins and 3 Super Bowl wins!
  2. There is a discipline problem every year under Tomlin, Martavis Bryant, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Chase Claypool, etc.
  3. Any coordinators the Steelers had under Tomlin, who have any level of respect within the league, have been let go; Dick LeBeau, Mike Munchak, Bruce Arians, etc. To be replaced by garbage coordinators who can't get a job after leaving the Steelers.
  4. It was said that Randy Fichtner was just Ben's yes man. Regardless of how much I love Ben, that is not a way to run a team!
  5. It was said that Matt Canada's offense is special but it requires a mobile quarterback and Ben was the problem.
    1. If that's true, why did they hire an OC who's game plan can't be run?
    2. Is it's true, why are we still seeing an inept offensive game plan when we now have two mobile quarterbacks?
  6. Najee Harris is a big strong running back who is a great pass-catcher out of the backfield and a great blitz pick-up back. BUT HE NEEDS TO HIT THE HOLE HARD AND FAST instead of shake and back the instant he gets the ball! But Tomlin's philosophy is that players should be allowed to be themselves ...... HEY ASSHOLE! FOOTBALL REQUIRES INSTRUCTION AND DISCIPLINE! After all, the players are under-educated, over-paid, youngsters! THEY NEED TAUGHT!
Please tell me why I am wrong so I can have some hope!!!!!
Cause any given Sunday…

I'd try to drag up some sympathy or even advice, but I'm from Texas where the decline of football powerhouses into perennial punching bags is all too familiar. The Steelers WON a Super Bowl in 2009, hell the Cowboys' last Super Bowl appearance was in 1996 (beat the Steelers!). So at least you have a win in the current millennium to look back on. I "jumped" around about the "I want Deion!" time frame (Jerry Jones on the sideline coaching his coaches to put DB Deion Sanders in on offense).

Jeff, there is no hope, your a Steelers fan.

You wanna jump off the ledge? Become a loins fan….at least make it worthy.

As a Titans fan I'd be more than happy to send you our "offensive co-ordinator"...