• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pliny the Elder and Zombie Dust

Partagas Culebras

Hey All...

Has anyone tried these...even Pliny the Younger...and what was your thoughts??? Pliny the Elder( and Younger) has this cult/obsession/fixation LIKE NO OTHER BEER I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED . It's always rated #1 or #2 on Rate Beer and other review sites. Is it THAT good??? I guess the next time I'm in Los Angeles I guess I'll have to get my SoCal cousins and take a road trip to Santa Rosa.

Is it THAT good???

1591994049158.png

The next one: Zombie Dust. Everything I hear and read is...."Great", "Awesome", "Want More Please". Give me the truth/ your honest opinion on Zombie Dust. I may have to make a road trip to Munster, Indiana and purchase a couple of cases.

1591994554518.png

They are very good, but just like with cigars, my taste have changed. They don’t have that wow factor for me anymore. Well, at least with Pliny. I still find Zombie an excellent beer to sit down and have a two or three in one sitting. The bitterness is spot on with that one.

I've had Pliny the Elder several times, Younger once, and a can of Zombie Dust once or twice. The ZD didn't do much for me. Younger is brewed only once a year and up until this past Feb was not bottled and only available on draft. Bottles of Elder are fairly easy to come by and often found on tap at the better beer bars around. I was just grocery shopping today and saw bottles of Elder in the beer aisle.

For Younger, what impressed me was how balanced it was for a triple IPA at 10% ABV. Elder is solid and classic and worth ordering if you find it. That said, I don't find it necessary to obsess over them, and I'm just not willing to jump through hoops to get more Younger.

If you're a serious hop head, there are plenty other breweries putting out great hoppy brews. Beachwood, El Segundo, and Kern River Brewing all make great stuff. There are simply too many breweries in CA to list that do great brews. Point being, don't miss the forest for the trees.

Whenever I see a Pliny on the shelf I usually grab one. Always a solid beer. But I think it should be in like 6 packs of cans now not individual hard to find bottles. There are plenty of awesome beers that are great as well these days. But it’s always solid and you can count on it if it’s fresh. And Zombie Dust I wish I could get here in CA I would drink it all the time. I’ve had it a bunch of times and always solid

Pliny is very good, but living in the Pacific Northwest, PDX area in particular, we're loaded with amazing beverages. The guys at Heathen Brewing are just up the street from us, growler fills are a common occurrence. My current fave (though currently not on tap); their "Son of Malice" is an amazing beverage..!! Their 2020 Bourbon Barrel Aged Highland Charge is fantastic, etc. These guys like to experiment, the beers are great. Super cool folks, it's a blast to go taste all the beers on tap...right at the brewery....yummy.

Last edited: