• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Plume is your Friend

There's alot to be said about a quality B&M. I am fortunate enough to have not one but two B&M's within a 10 mile radius of me. Not only are they knowledgable but they are just great guys. For instance i went into one last week to buy some Tat's and happened to see a Verocu W. Side that was a bit damaged but completly smokable with no side effects whatsover, so i picked it up to buy it and instead was given it gratis bcause of the defect.

This is why i only do business with a couple that are with-in an hour from my house. The local guy here in Milford is a total a$$ and has some of the worst inventory and some of the moldiest sticks I have ever seen, plus my wife hates him too, and it takes a lot for her not to like you.

Any business, that deals with an expensive, perishable product is going to have its share of thieves. Smell the fish, before you buy it, I always say.

Doc.

Ok, so my friend goes to Addison Cigar to buy a few sticks and goes into the humidor. He finds a Diamond Crown only to see it was covered in plume/mold. He brings this to the attention of the little guy that works there who wears glasses & a tie with a mustache & chain smokes Galoise cigarettes. The guy says "yeah, I wish every cigar in here was like that!."
Can you believe that!!!!! This is the kinda CRAP we deal with in our local B&Ms.
This is not the first time I've head employees at Addison Cigar make assinine statements like this. I hate to say this, but stay away from this B&M.
Share your horror stories. And DFW beware!

I should have been more clear, my apology. I was relating the story, and in my brevity I left out that it was in fact mold. My friend is a newbie and didn't know the difference between plume & mold, but after asking a few questions & showing him a cigar or two with plume, he verified my suspicion that is was mold.
DeVonn, your explination of plume is very good & I passed it on to others already.
Mike, and others, thank you for having my back.
As for Robert at Addison Cigars - let me be VERY clear as I have encountered him a few times, but NEVER again because I don't step foot in that place - he is an A$$HAT! He is rude, snooty, & has limited cigar knowledge, as he chain smokes nasty ass cigarettes all the time in the lobby of the store. I recounted my interactions with Addison Cigar several times here at CP, so I won't rehash the details. They won't get any of my money.
To be fair, his is not the only B&M with poor quality & service, but there are MANY B&Ms out there with knowledgable, friendly staff, & properly stored cigars. Find a good B&M and SUPPORT them! Several of them are members here on CP.

Heh it isn't just your local B&Ms. I have had the same conversation with someone at Casa Fuente regarding a moldy box of Casa Fuentes...
Yeah, I remember that. The guy was like "OH YEAH, THIS BOX IS MOVING FAST!".... stupid jackass.

Heh it isn't just your local B&Ms. I have had the same conversation with someone at Casa Fuente regarding a moldy box of Casa Fuentes...
Yeah, I remember that. The guy was like "OH YEAH, THIS BOX IS MOVING FAST!".... stupid jackass.

So I'm not the only one who's gotten mold on a cigar at Casa? The guy told me it was plume although it looked fuzzy. As a newbie I didn't know how to argue so just brushed it off and lit it on fire. I feel molested :(

A friend and I visited some local stores to check them out, and while picking a selection for purchase he noticed some nasty mold growing on some sticks of RP Edge. He brought it to the owner's attention, and also told him of several others that had very bad split wrappers further up the shelf. He was wholly unconcerned. I don't get it.