• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PM problems...

moki

el Presidente
Since the board was upgraded recently, I've found a little problem with the private messages.

Previously, PMs you sent were stored in the "Sent Messages" folder... now you have to check a checkbox if you want this to happen. I keep forgetting to do this, because of the default behavior previously, which has cost me to be missing some information I thought would be saved in "Sent Messages"

We had this issue on our boards as well; I believe we had to flip a setting in some file somewhere... can get details if you need 'em.

I actually prefer it this way. I use to always uncheck it. I only save PMs I choose to save. Why save all of them?

you actually have to go into one of the files and change the coding

ricmac25 said:
I actually prefer it this way.  I use to always uncheck it.  I only save PMs I choose to save.  Why save all of them?
[snapback]147977[/snapback]​

Because then it works like your email client -- you can always check on the messages you've sent. It's always best to err on the side of NOT losing data when it comes to designing software people are going to use.

As a for-instance. I sent someone a DC# via PM the other day. I wanted to check on the package, so I looked in my sent PMs, and it wasn't there. Yes, I didn't remember to check the checkbox... but it used to work the way I was intending it to work. I'd much rather have too many sent PMs saved than not have some I need.

Fast4Dr said:
you actually have to go into one of the files and change the coding
[snapback]148060[/snapback]​

It was a very easy tweak from what I recall... I'll get Rod the info if he wants it. If nothing else, it keeps the site operating the way it used to.

I did search first, but this post doesn't seem to have an answer to my problem.

How do I get the on-board messenger to save a copy of my "sent" PMs?