• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PM Spammer

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
The PM spammer has been banned. Unfortunately SPAM has been at an all time high recently. Will see what I can do to prevent this from happening again. May have to disable PM for new members...until they reach a certain number of posts. Hate to have to do something like that.

I don't think that should be an issue Rod. A five day timeline should be sufficient enough. I'd much rather have that safegaurd in place than open something like I did this morning. I don't need any possible computer viruses.

A new possible contributing member should not have any issues with waiting out that kind of time frame.
Could you set it up so that they can get incoming PM's, and reply? Just so they can not create and send a new PM.

I don't think that should be an issue Rod. A five day timeline should be sufficient enough. I'd much rather have that safegaurd in place than open something like I did this morning. I don't need any possible computer viruses.
.....or angry spouses. I'm waiting to get the call from home asking why I was on AdultFriendFinder.com this morning before I left for work.

That's the first spam PM I've ever gotten from this board. That's a pretty good record in intertube-land.

It will probably end up causing more good* than harm - with all the dormant people it gets to check out the board again.

* Depending entirely on your definition of good. :0

Public executions will make them think twice about spamming, just a thought.

.....or angry spouses. I'm waiting to get the call from home asking why I was on AdultFriendFinder.com this morning before I left for work.
yeah my wife is pretty detailed in her ability to peruse history LOL
jfields idea about being able to reply is a good one!

It sure can be annoying for the staff.....I do know that!!

Good Work......Rod :cool:

I am right there with you guys on this one. We just had a murder trial around here where the prosecution used the Husband's being on AdultFriendFinder as part of his 'motive' for killing his wife. Oh well.

Wow, seems like a lot of people got hit, including me. Is there a way to set "flood control" for PMs from new members or something of the sort? That way they won't be able to spam a bunch of members, but newbies will still be able to chat privately with members.

Wow, seems like a lot of people got hit, including me. Is there a way to set "flood control" for PMs from new members or something of the sort? That way they won't be able to spam a bunch of members, but newbies will still be able to chat privately with members.

Ya' better be careful using that four letter word around these parts, podnah!

:laugh:

Some of you actually clicked on the link sent by a zero post newbie? LOL... :laugh:

Received the same pm, by the time I got to it the member had been deleted but even if the poster hadn't been I would never have opened it, it's just like email. Realizing it was a link and only "Please help" text threw up the flags and the index finger went into delete mode!

I think that a waiting period to send pm's is a good idea. Having two small girls 10 and 11 in the house I didn't like the fact that this guy did this last night. I didn't look at the page that loaded long enough to see exactly what it was but as soon as I saw boobies it got closed quickly.