• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Politeful request to Rod and the Admin team of Cigar Pass

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
Ok, on to the real business of Cigar Pass. I know Rod has a lot on his plate, especially with the Mustang, the frigid socal weather :laugh:

We need a CP herf this year(2013). Lets make this happen! I'm sure the usual suspects will be available to lend a helping hand. I still think the best option for location is Vegas because of airfare and hotel prices.Late summer early fall sounds about right.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Hell...I'd love to attend a CP Heft in LV.  I'd even be happy to lend a helping hand...

I'm down.  Keep in mind that "cough" some of us will likely be attending the QSH so picking an event data that is offset by a few weeks one way or the other would be a good thing....

I really want to see this happen too!  

Not sure where in Vegas, as the last herf we planned proved to be more challenging than expected.  Anti-smoking fanatics invaded Vegas.  Hotels want a minimum $10k committment w/ food.  That was 5 years ago, not sure what it's like today. 

I'd be willing to use my backyard for the herf, we can easily handle+ 100 guests.  I'm only 15 minutes from Ontario Int'l Airport too.  30 min from Disneyland. 40 min from Downtown LA.  3 HR from Vegas.  50 min from Hollywood.  90 min from San Diego.  Just to give you some perspective.  

Vegas is always my #1 pick, but if that's too challenging, we can look at other venues...

As far as locations, I'm wondering if there isn't a B&M that would be willing to host, let us cater in some food and beverages...??  That would be an interesting angle, maybe smarter folks than I have already thought of that one....

Rod's back yard may be a good option as well.  Brave of you, Rod.... :p

BlindedByScience said:
As far as locations, I'm wondering if there isn't a B&M that would be willing to host, let us cater in some food and beverages...??  That would be an interesting angle, maybe smarter folks than I have already thought of that one....

No problem at all.  I'll hire souldog to be the bouncer, make sure everyone stays in line. :D

BlindedByScience said:

The Outlaw has always been very hospitable to CP.  Maybe Dirick could shed some light on it, but KC is centrally located and there's BBQ!!

MoeCizlak said:

The Outlaw has always been very hospitable to CP.  Maybe Dirick could shed some light on it, but KC is centrally located and there's BBQ!!
Name the date and it will happen.
June 14-15th is the Rocky Patel party, which will host a golf tourney Friday as well as calendar auditions on Saturday.
Any other dates are open for discussion, if you guys want a KC herf we would be glad to host it. We have the ability to have a party at the drop of a hat, so bring it on!

Rod said:

No problem at all.  I'll hire souldog to be the bouncer, make sure everyone stays in line. :D
I'll throw my hat in the ring for Rod's backyard!!

And don't worry, I'll help keep the riff-raff *cough* WKOTI *cough* in line. Hire me as the bouncer. ;)

souldog said:

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Rod's backyard!!

And don't worry, I'll help keep the riff-raff *cough* WKOTI *cough* in line. Hire me as the bouncer. ;)
I'd hate to see you lose in front of a large portion of the CP membership, but if that's how you want it Jon. I'd be in for wherever.

Jon will just go take a nap like the last time we herfed :p

I am always down for Vegas or outlaw...

How many are going to be in Vegas for IPCPR? Otherwise I can try to make something, but pretty busy in the summer.