• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pondering over a stick

hydro-terp

I was out on the deck enjoying a tasty stick for the new year and got to thinkin..some folks here get to travel. For me I have a cruise coming up in a couple weeks. When said folks get to travel out of country they immediaetly think of where they can acquire some legit ISOM's.

Since we're talking B&Ms off shore there shouldnt be any issues disussing places that deal in the real thing. Dont get me started on Jamaica and Cozumel.

Anyway I was just thinking out loud that this may be of some use for BOTL who travel.

Just looking for some feed back. A place to discuss where one could shop and feel secure in ones purchases or not etc.

It's a violation of The Trading With The Enemy Act for any US resident to be in posession of any embargoed Cuban product anywhere in the world at anytime. That includes offshore vacations.

Probably not in the best interest of the community to create a sub forum.

It's a violation of The Trading With The Enemy Act for any US resident to be in posession of any embargoed Cuban product anywhere in the world at anytime. That includes offshore vacations.

But it's not a violation of any US law to speculate where if one travels outside the US one could purchase a non counterfeit cigar is it?

It would be of some interest to the non US citizens who read this forum, maybe.

But it's not a violation of any US law to speculate where if one travels outside the US one could purchase a non counterfeit cigar is it?

It would be of some interest to the non US citizens who read this forum, maybe.
True, but why even speculate about something illegal in a public forum. There is the "Island of Cuba" forum for those international members that may want to discuss the issue if they want to.

At one time, another cigar website created an "approval only" subforum for non-U.S. citizens to discuss or trade in Cuban cigars. It was closed off to the rest of the populace. It doesn't look like it's still around and when it was, it got miserably little traffic.

The fact of the matter is that the overall community benefits from open, discreet discussion of Cuban cigars as far as it is allowed by the board policy. Questions about sources (for non-U.S. members) are easily and efficiently handled via our private messaging (PM) system.

The particular balance a given forum seeks between openess and security is limited by the policy of the forum owners and administrators. In practice, the community can exercise more stringent practices but never more lax ones. I'm acquainted with a pretty good cross section of forums both U.S. and non-U.S.-based and if you seek open discussion of sources, then perhaps another forum will better suit your needs in that respect.

It is my considered opinion that CigarPass strikes a healthy balance and that the policy and the sensitivities of the forum members are in good alignment. That means a minimum of fuss. We all know what the issue is and I think we all know what is at stake. We can choose to discuss this subject and these discussions can be fruitful. It is only those who seek to push that discussion beyond the policy who trivialize it as a "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" type of situation. We're grown men and women and we know what we need to do and not do so that our community stays healthy and safe. And if one doesn't know for sure, he's always welcome to read and ask.

Wilkey

If I were taking a cruise to the Bahamas/ Caribbean/ South America I would only consider buying cigars from certified LCDH dealers. Even so, I would still be weary of fakes and brush up on some of the more popular fakes circulating (Like glass top Cohibas) and generally stay away from major brands like Monetcristo, Cohiba, etc and buy Ramon Allones, SLR, etc. I’d also only buy singles and not buy more than I could smoke during my trip.

If I were taking a cruise to the Bahamas/ Caribbean/ South America I would only consider buying cigars from certified LCDH dealers. Even so, I would still be weary of fakes and brush up on some of the more popular fakes circulating (Like glass top Cohibas) and generally stay away from major brands like Monetcristo, Cohiba, etc and buy Ramon Allones, SLR, etc. I’d also only buy singles and not buy more than I could smoke during my trip.

The above is good advice.

The above is good advice.

Yup already there. I have a very short shopping list.

BTW I think could help out anyone headed to Georgetown Grand Cayman or St Maarten.

I would still be weary of fakes and brush up on some of the more popular fakes circulating (Like glass top Cohibas)
I'd LOVE to find one of those "glass top" Cohiba boxes. Nobody ever has any.
What a great exhibit for my cigar room! :D

Commander Bob
Gonna have to pay more attention to those guys who have relatives working in the Partagas factory.