• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Portland area guys- need some advice

bilder

Hey all you Oregon fellas....

Buddy and I are tossing around the idea of flying down for a day of fun and cigars sometime this winter. We are looking for tips on cigar shops with smoking rooms that are on or close to the MAX line. Plan would be to fly into town, jump on the MAX, find a shop or two and smoke, eat, and drink the day away and fly back that night. Working for an airline does have some perks. :cool:

Any of you know of a nice shop that fits the bill? I know there are some downtown, but I am not sure if they have a place to kick back and enjoy a smoke and perhaps a brew.

Any tips on what to see and where to avoid would be appreciated.

I used to live there 14 years ago, but things have changed a bit since then.

What was that place B.B.S.? Cascade Cigar? Linky in the first post of the PacNW Herf thread to their website i think. Awesome place with a lounge and big screen as well.

yeah... Cascade Cigar was the shop we hit... nice place. Beats the hell outta any rinky-dink shops we have up here Mike! Nice shop with a great cigar selection, plus a bar/lounge/smoking area attached. Full service bar, TV's, lounge chairs... a place to try and hit if you so desire... we had a great time there, and I'll hit it again given the chance.

Also, think about hitting McMenamins 'Kennedy School' - full service brewpub, with a cigar lounge (only open at 5pm on)

Check out our PacNW herf here... lotsa info

Mike - depending on which day / time you guys will be in town, I'd be glad to hook up with you and hang out a bit. TheVitaleMob and Swissy (and some others in that motley crew.. :laugh: )...got a little dose during the PacNW herf. As said, the herf thread has some info though I'm not sure what you can hit with MAX.

Keep in touch - if it works out, I'd be glad to hook up with you guys.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Just looked at Cascade Cigar and they have a downtown location, albeit smaller than the one on 82nd. Just a couple blocks off the MAX route. Looks like a great shop. The closest we have up here is a B&M with three small tables, a TV and a coffee pot.
I used to live near Glisan and 205 for four years. Portland is a great town. I would like to move back, but the wife likes it up here near her family.

If we get a day trip lined up I will let you know. Who knows, maybe I can buddy pass Swissy back down there sometime as well.

Hey bilder - PM / post / etc. if you guys hit town and I'll do my best to hook up with you. Always fun to herf with guys from the board.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

It's been awhile since I've been looking in on the site. If you guys make it down here to Portland, let me know. I'd love to hook up w/ some folks and smoke a cigar or a few.

The Cascade Cigar downtown has a nice little bar in the back w/ beer and wine. Or the location on 82nd Ave. Both have nice size humidors.

Also, Paul's Cigars in Beaverton, OR is on the west end of the MAX line. Nice humidor, but the sitting area only accommodates 3 or 4 people.

Keep me posted.

Nick

If we go down, it will be after the holiday season. Will let you guys know if a trip gets planned.