• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Possibly my first beetle?

Hylan85

Hey guys, I just need an ID on this cigar. Is the damage I'm seeing in the wrapper a beetle or just a casualty of shipping/humidor movement?

photofis.jpg

Well I really can't tell from that crummy picture, but it looks like damage. Beetle damage looks like tiny little holes until the last stages of consuming the cigar(s).
One telltale sign is little beetle poop dust everywhere. Do you see a bunch of dust inside?

Do some searching on this. You should find loads of information/pictures here on that subject.

My mistake, it didn't look as bad on my iPhone.

photogdz.jpg

I would say it is not beetle damage.. From what I have seen/read.. Beetle's leave small perfectly round holes that go right through to the filler. This looks like it stops at the binder... Hold the cigar with the holes down over a white piece of paper and lightly tap the opposite side of the cigar to see if any residual tobacco (beetles, crap, etc..) fall out. But more than likely it is a poorly constructed cigar possibly ruined by wrong humidity and heat.

Just my .02

I agree beetle damage leaves perfict round holes or the worm holes. With some patients that cigar should smoke fine.

Yep, beetle holes would be round. Those look like rips.

Unless......it may have been a new type of tobacco beetle, something like the gremlin from the Twilight Zone movie (the one with the guy on the airplane).

gremlin.jpg

Man, did that movie scare the crap out of me when I was younger.

Lol, lovely. Thanks for the quick responses, you guys managed to settle my anxiety and prevent full fledged panic.

Daniel.

Lol, lovely. Thanks for the quick responses, you guys managed to settle my anxiety and prevent full fledged panic.

Daniel.

???"prevent full fledged panic"???? Did you see the friggin tobacco beetle in the window!?? You open a box of cigars and that things jumps out at you, yeah, it's time to panic.

All kidding aside, enjoy the cigar.

Eric

Panic over one cigar? Relax and enjoy, this hobby is not for the people who jump into a full fledged panic.

From all the reading I've done, 1 cigar can just as easily become the whole humidor. I have no experience with this, and I really don't know what to expect.

Best thing to do is either pull it out and smoke it, or put it in a baggie and separate it from the other cigars.

If you're concerned it'll contaminate the rest of your humidor, you're more than welcome to dispose of it in my mailbox :whistling: