• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Praises for the Torano Cameroon!

Dan66

I enjoyed my first Carlos Toranos 1916 Cameroon last night, and had to comment on it.

I had a Robusto after a good home-cooked Itallian meal, and it was just about the best smoke I've had in recent weeks! At only 5.5 inches, I expected it to last an hour, but it came a lot closer to 2 hours. It was a crisp, cool evening (a rare thing in itself in Austin), the kids were put to bed, and I had just picked up a couple new car magazines. What a perfect evening to be out back under a dim porch light. Any smoke would've been good - but this one was supurb! A slow, slow burn, and a wonderful taste. I would call this Cameroon a medium bodied smoke (although I had read it was a full). I enjoyed smelling the smoke trailing off the lit cigar as much as actually tasting it with a puff.

If you haven't tried this Torano 1916, I whole-heartedly recommend it. Now I'm off to grab all the other Toranos my local shop stocks. If they're half as good... ;)

The 1916 is one of my favorites. Thats what I had the long ash (for me anyways)on in the pic below.

Torano = Great price, even better taste
Torano also = Go to cigar

Amen brother!!!

Yep - looks like I've got another "go-to" cigar!
Anyone have an opinion what should be the next Carlos Torano I should try?

Yep - looks like I've got another "go-to" cigar!
Anyone have an opinion what should be the next Carlos Torano I should try?

The Torano Signature line is my favorite. :)

The 1916 is probably my favorite Cameroon, solid smoke everytime.

The 1916 were my favorite Torano until the Casa Torano came out. Great flavor!

What kind of flavor or aroma do you feel the cameroon wrapper adds to a smoke?

The 1916 is my favorite Torano; followed by the Exodus 1959, Signature, and Exodus Silver.

What kind of flavor or aroma do you feel the cameroon wrapper adds to a smoke?
I don't know exactly how to put my finger on it. I had an Exodus '59 last night and it was quite different. Not quite as good to me, but it could've been that I had the Cameroon on my mind. It was still an excellent cigar.

I s'pose I'd say the Cameroon was more complex. Greater depth of flavors. And I mentoined the smell as it burned; perhaps that was the wrapper I was enjoying (?) Can any Cameroon-lovers help me put it into words?

Perhaps I'll take notes next time and do a proper write-up...

This evening I had another Torano: the Signature. I enjoyed it out in the man cave while watching Cagney and Bogart in "The Roaring Twenties" on my portable DVD player. I love a classic movie with a good smoke!

The Signature was absolutely superb! Highest marks. But despite how good all these other Toranos have been, I'm still looking forward to another of the Cameroons. They'll be my next box purchase for sure!

This evening I had another Torano: the Signature. I enjoyed it out in the man cave while watching Cagney and Bogart in "The Roaring Twenties" on my portable DVD player. I love a classic movie with a good smoke!

The Signature was absolutely superb! Highest marks. But despite how good all these other Toranos have been, I'm still looking forward to another of the Cameroons. They'll be my next box purchase for sure!