• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban Edicion Limitada

emodx

Banned
I have run a search here and CW w/ nil results. Are the "Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban Edicion Limitada" any good. How is the burn/construction?

emo,
There are a coupla threads on these at HP. General concensus is above average. :0

melski said:
emo,
There are a coupla threads on these at HP. General concensus is above average. :0
[snapback]266424[/snapback]​
I figured that the guys over there would like them. I haven't logged on over there in many many months. I figured I'd ask around first before going over there knowing how biased they are as a group. LOL

emodx said:
I have run a search here and CW w/ nil results. Are the "Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban Edicion Limitada" any good. How is the burn/construction?
[snapback]266404[/snapback]​

I've smoked the regular Pre-Embargo, and they are great for the money. (9.75 for a 5er from JR). I haven't had the Edicion Limitada. Have you smoked from the normal line or no?

Threads started by cephis and RSteve, two people whose opinion I would listen to ( don't always agree with them but their opinions carry weight with me). Let me know Ifn' you do a split.

I have had the PEGCC's. This is asking about the PEGCC EL's. LOL COnfusing I know.

I've gone through nearly a cab of the PEGCC Epis. I just picked up a pair of the (new?) Gormets (figurado) but have not had them yet. As you probably agree, the PEGCC's are FAR better than the GCC's.

The PEGCC EL's are not an improvement over the already fantastic PEGCC IMO....so, I'd stick to the standard PEGCC's.

As a side note, the PEGCC is actually one of the only Perdomo products I really love....and for less than $2/stick, you really can't go wrong (unless you don't like them and you're stcuk with a cab of 50 :p) But, maybe this means that if you're a huge Perdomo fan, you could like the EL better. I don't.

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
I've gone through nearly a cab of the PEGCC Epis. I just picked up a pair of the (new?) Gormets (figurado) but have not had them yet. As you probably agree, the PEGCC's are FAR better than the GCC's.

The PEGCC EL's are not an improvement over the already fantastic PEGCC IMO....so, I'd stick to the standard PEGCC's.

As a side note, the PEGCC is actually one of the only Perdomo products I really love....and for less than $2/stick, you really can't go wrong (unless you don't like them and you're stcuk with a cab of 50 :p) But, maybe this means that if you're a huge Perdomo fan, you could like the EL better. I don't.

Cheers,
Dixie
[snapback]266459[/snapback]​
In general, do you not like maduros?

I wasn't a big fan of these sticks. SMSUCigarGuy had a box of these at one point and almost everystick had a very very long stem in the stick. Because of this the draw on almost every stick was messed up. Would I buy them? Answer...NO.

emodx said:
dixieland_conjunction said:
I've gone through nearly a cab of the PEGCC Epis.  I just picked up a pair of the (new?) Gormets (figurado) but have not had them yet.  As you probably agree, the PEGCC's are FAR better than the GCC's.

As a side note, the PEGCC is actually one of the only Perdomo products I really love....and for less than $2/stick, you really can't go wrong (unless you don't like them and you're stcuk with a cab of 50 :p)  But, maybe this means that if you're a huge Perdomo fan, you could like the EL better.  I don't.

Cheers,
Dixie
[snapback]266459[/snapback]​
In general, do you not like maduros?
[snapback]266463[/snapback]​

Come on Emo :0 ....don't you remember that I did a MADURO-ONLY pass?! ;) I love maddies, just not Perdomo as much.

Cheers,
Dixie

OpusXKC said:
I wasn't a big fan of these sticks. SMSUCigarGuy had a box of these at one point and almost everystick had a very very long stem in the stick. Because of this the draw on almost every stick was messed up. Would I buy them? Answer...NO.
[snapback]266467[/snapback]​

Now that is completely opposite to my expereinces with any of the PEGCC - EL or otherwise. Construciton has never been an issue and like I said, I've had close to 50 of the regular PEGCCs. So, I'm TOTALLY surprised if that was a consistent issue for you. I can't really imagine the quality comtrol on the ELs would be less than the regular PEGCCs :\

Cheers,
Dixie

emodx said:
[snapback]266404[/snapback]​

I had a couple of the GCC's that I really enjoyed, but have not had a chance to try the others. I would definitely be interested in splitting a bundle with someone.

i like the gpecc el. i have the hermoso size. liked the old gpecc with the thin, plain band. i think they changed when they added the fake cuban seal and were not as good. they run about $2/per and are good for that price. pretty full bodied with some earthy-type flavors

I haven't had the Limitadas, but I fear they are rebadged versions of some other Perdomo stick. As for the "Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cubans": THEY SUCK. Well actually they don't, which presents issues when attempting to smoke them. I did have some luck smoking them after using a pair of needlenose pliers to pull a HUGE stem out of the cigar. I should have known better not to get sucked into another bad Perdomo product. No offense to those of you who like Perdomos (I actually enjoy the Champagnes and Estate Selections).

I like them. Good, strong maduro smoke. If I had any room, I'd get a cab. It might be time to setup another coolerdor (or call Bob).

JR just put these on sale, so I thought I would top this to see if anyone else had tried the Edition Limited

I have had a couple in various sizes.
Burns fantastic
draws easy to medium...nicely imo.
First taste was a lil grassy but smoothed out and definately smoother than the lower lines GCC makes.
The maduro is what I had and maybe a few to six months of rest may be best for these.
I'd buy them again and am in the near future grabbing a cab of the torpedo's.

edit;
Also,I have found with the GCC's that you should stick with the higher ring gauges....45 and above maybe 50 and above or you will have tough time drawing.

I've smoked the Gordita and the Hermosa's and found them to be quite good. Just make sure you get ahold of the darkest ones out of the box for the best taste!

Mikes currently has the regular pegcc's on sale for $69 a box, good deal if you ask me...