• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pre-embargo cubans what are they

well everyone in the house left for a few hours today except me. I was going to fire up the pre-embargo cuban but when I went to get it out of the bag, I know i should have got a travel humi, it's hard when you press on it. I guess I'll either have to run back out and get a new stick to try while I'm here, or wait till I get it, and the parkline, back to my humi in pa. I did get some pics of it if anyone cares to see

ykm loki' date='May 20 2006, 12:04 PM' post='323724']
well everyone in the house left for a few hours today except me. I was going to fire up the pre-embargo cuban but when I went to get it out of the bag, I know i should have got a travel humi, it's hard when you press on it. I guess I'll either have to run back out and get a new stick to try while I'm here, or wait till I get it, and the parkline, back to my humi in pa. I did get some pics of it if anyone cares to see

You should post the pics but my advice would be to stick with what you know you like and get active on the board. In no time you'll be trying new cigars that other board members have vouched for. You'll find some you like, and some you don't, and some you love.

As far as the preembargo stuff is concerned, don't bother with it. You may like this stick but it won't compare to a Cuban, especially a real preembargo Cuban. It's just a marketing scheme aimed at people who wouldn't know the difference. As jgohlke pointed out, to get a genuine preembargo Cuban you'll have to pay a serious price from an auction house or you may find something from an estate sale. Besides, you can get real isom's for less than what you paid for yours.

You should do a search for Pinar to find more threads on the topic, search titles only.

And lastly,
http://www.smokemag.com/0604/feature2.htm