• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pricewise, what is your line in the sand?

This is such a subjective hobby. Ed, you hit the nail squarely, IMHO. Budget and preference. But sometimes marketing is off-putting.

I've paid upwards of $30 a stick many times on a teacher's salary and never regretted it once, but I don't have many other hobbies---paid over $100 for a few bottles of Scotch to go with 'em, too! It is what it is . . . I choose not to GAF, basically.

~Boar

For me the line in the sand is just perceived value. A $15 cigar should be three times better then a $5 cigar. We pay a premium here because of taxes, but the few times I have bought a Liga 9 it was money well spent.

For me the line in the sand is just perceived value. A $15 cigar should be three times better then a $5 cigar. We pay a premium here because of taxes, but the few times I have bought a Liga 9 it was money well spent.
I see that my point is going nowhere here on this board. Besides, I'd rather go buy a new gun over ANY box of cigars!

If I put a couple of hundred rounds through it, it'll smoke. Nuff said about what?

If I put a couple of hundred rounds through it, it'll smoke. Nuff said about what?
Ok man you asked a cigar question on a cigar board to cigar smokers. Most on here would take the box. Guns may be a cool release for you, more power to ya, and yeah many on here like both, but still not certain you got an answer you wanted? What exactly did ya expect? Some will spend the dough, regularly, some not so much. Some guys on here prioritize things above cigars. Cigars for the most part only enhance the experience we call life.

Taste and costs are all subjective. Personal preference dictates what is reasonable and not reasonable in terms of price. Just because you don't think a Liga is worth the asking price, doesn't mean they aren't well worth it to someone else. Like many of the board members here. There is no right and wrong when it comes to personal taste and preference. It's as absurd as arguing over what your favorite color is.

I hope you can see that your initial premise could have been construed as insulting to the many members, myself included, that dig Liga's and smoke them. Food for thought.....

I see that my point is going nowhere here on this board. Besides, I'd rather go buy a new gun over ANY box of cigars!

If that's how you feel, respectfully, maybe you should spend more time on firearms forums and less time with knowledgeable cigar smokers. One man's opinion......

I believe it is all about preference and experiencing all of it. You went on to a forum full of people and asked and talked about an opinion and then became upset when everyone didn't agree with you. Did you truly expect everyone would agree with your opinion? That's the ridiculous part of all of it.

I have smoked some great Nicaraguan cigars that I would easily compare to the Cubans I have smoked, which I will admit have been limited compared to many on these forums. It sounds appropriate that you won't pay over 300 for a box of cigars you don't think are worth it, but you have to accept that others might think they are. My friend loves #9s while I'm ehhh about them. I like the feral pigs better than he does. It doesn't make me right and him wrong. I like that we are different and bounce cigars and different flavors off each other to expand our palates.

I'm not paying over $300 for a box of nicaraguan cigars ... I will pay $300 for a box of Cubans

So you'll pay more for what you like more? Imagine that. I wouldn't spend my spare change on a Cuban, but I'll repeatedly drop $11 ea on a Liga 9 ($269/box of 24).

Fanboys are gunna fanboy. If your point was against gougers, I don't think you'll find any argument here.

Cubans are also rolled at the cost of pennies. And theyre not harder to acquire either. Last I checked, I use the same computer and same credit card to order my ISOM's and my Nic's or Dom's. But maybe you're sending money orders via UPS to Sweden or something? ;)

I'm with you on fans. Then again, I'm a fan of brands that others don't like. And I hear what you're saying, that people sometimes blow more than they should on less than great smokes. But there's only one way to know - by buying one.

Some good points in the discussion! I do spend time on gun forums, but I smoke more than I shoot. My original point was the line in the sand pricewise. Some of you got butt hurt, because I used the Liga 9 as an example. After my little rant, what did I grab out of the humidor last night? A Liga Undercrown! Damn good cigar too.

MNBrian you are correct about Cubans and no, I haven't ordered from that Swiss vendor in at least 10 years. Good healthy debate gentlemen. Let's not get nasty with things. Rock on compadres!

Thank you, oh grammer nazi. I'll be sure to have you spellcheck my thesis next time.

Thank you, oh grammer nazi. I'll be sure to have you spellcheck my thesis next time.
Let's not get nasty with things. Rock on compadres!

You should also check your attitude. Your OP post is asking for a debate, then you get a debate, and you get an attitude about it. You asked for our line in the sand. Mine is drawn over people that want to wave their e-dick around and act like their opinion carries more weight than anyone else.

Maybe take your own advice and not get nasty with things.

You should also check your attitude. Your OP post is asking for a debate, then you get a debate, and you get an attitude about it. You asked for our line in the sand. Mine is drawn over people that want to wave their e-dick around and act like their opinion carries more weight than anyone else.

Maybe take your own advice and not get nasty with things.
How about you and the rest of your poser buddies take this board, roll it up and shove it up your candy asses. Mods, please delete my account.

How about you and the rest of your poser buddies take this board, roll it up and shove it up your candy asses. Mods, please delete my account.
Quoting the Rock. That kind of stuff would earn you a well respected place with this poser.