• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with CC 's and customs

Unless the process of how customs decides which packages to search is known, speculation on the effects of this regulation are...just that.

If they randomly select packages to run through an x-ray and maybe open, it won't matter what the package says.

If they select which packages to scan based on what is written on foreign customs forms...well, they wouldn't be doing their jobs very well. Of course, it is the government, so who knows.

I've also had a package(s) seized from Aus. One confirmed where the gov sent me the empty box with the letter if I wanted to dispute.

What happen if customs does seizes a box of CC that was sent to a person in USA?
Do they just seized it or they go after the guy who order them?
I know its illegal over there but do they really enforce the law regarding this issue.
Just curious...

Confiscations alone don't usually cause for concern. The devil is in the paper trail.

Follow the money. :(

Where's that "fingers crossed" emoticon?

What happen if customs does seizes a box of CC that was sent to a person in USA?
Do they just seized it or they go after the guy who order them?
I know its illegal over there but do they really enforce the law regarding this issue.
Just curious...
Take a look at the pinned letters thread to give you an idea of what can happen. Usually, they'll just confiscate your product and send you a notice informing you of your transgression. They can do a lot more than that if they want to.

Hoo Frigin Ray!!!!got my notice from the P.O, a re-deliver notice "Sorry we missed you" and senders name Switzerland, will let you people know Monday! damn it! I just stepped out for a minute..Oh well it least there almost here!

I'll alert the authorities. :rolleyes:

Hoo Frigin Ray!!!!got my notice from the P.O, a re-deliver notice "Sorry we missed you" and senders name Switzerland, will let you people know Monday! damn it! I just stepped out for a minute..Oh well it least there almost here!

I'll alert the authorities. :rolleyes:
Now that's funny! You have to be pretty quick with the edit button around here!

Did you wear a disguise to the P.O.? :D

My sticks just got delivered today! The package did say "Cigars" on the packing slip, but there was no evidence of tampering. I bought mine from a swiss company and seems as though all was good...

Got my two boxes today. Haven't seen them but the father was quite impressed they made it through. Hopefully he will keep the packing so I can see the change in customs.

I got my box of RASCC from over the Alps todays. WHEW! Two week wait but well worth it as the one OTT was very tasty.

Also, very plainly printed on the packing slip was the word "cigars". You have to wonder why that doesn't raise a flag.

But I'm very relieved and also somewhat leery of ordering again under these circumstances despite the happy outcome.

I emailed all my Swiss vendors and they all wrote back that they do not write ,cigars,tobacco or puro etc on the packages.
So the question is why they say one thing and then do the other. ???
I stopped ordering from Swiss vendors for now.

I think this may have something to do with it:
The Customs Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Reauthorization Act of 2009 .