• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with PMs?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Reaction score
Rod, as of late, i think I'm having problems with my PMs. I PMed Jlada on friday and i just recieved a PM from him asking questions which were all addressed and answered in my PM to him on Friday. Additionally, I've PMed robbiex0r and Niko for the Spy vs Spy portion of Jlada's Gas Pass. I have confirmation that Niko recieved my PM, though i don't know if robbiex0r recieved my PM. Could you please let me know if my PM's are messed up in some fassion?
Thanks
jon.

I also have problems with PM's. Always have.

If you copy multiple people it is highly unlikely that they will all receive it.

If you receive a PM which was sent to multiple people you don't see everyone who was copied.

Could this be an issue with Firefox?

The only problem I have experienced lately has been that it seems I am not notified sometimes that I have a new PM with the pop up on the screen, although when I go to my inbox it is there unopened.

I'm having some problems lately as well. Or...others might just be ignoring me? ???

Sent a PM to Dios de Fuego yesterday that he didn't get. I saw two separate reply's to a PM from Jonesy. A couple more that I got no reply too...but I'll have to find out if the person didn't get the PM or if they simply chose not to reply.

Something doesn't sound right. I haven't received any reports of PM issues aside from the couple posted here. If you see the message that says MESSAGE SENT, then it has to be in their inbox. Try tracking the message next time...

One of three things is happening:

1.) If you receive an email alerting you of a new PM, and you log into CP and don't see any new PM's, the person who sent you the PM most likely recalled it. This is only possible if they check the "Track PM" box prior to sending it.

2.) An old queue of emails was sent from the server. While this is rare, it happens... Sometimes emails don't make it out for whatever reason, and every once in awhile I'll log into the server and push out any pending emails.

3.) If you send someone a PM and they don't respond, they probably don't like you... :laugh:

On a side note, I'm going to be dropping the PM table of the database most likely just before I upgrade the forum. This will remove a ton of old PM's that are sitting in stagnant members' inboxes.

I will send a mass email to all members alerting them of the purge at least 1 week prior to the upgrade. You will have to archive any PM's you want to keep. Our PM table in the database is too large to convert over to the new PM system. Besides, like I said, there are thousands of PM's sitting in inboxes that are no longer needed.

I received a PM but did not receive the email alert. This happened last night.

This happened to me with the infamous spam PM

Also, I still see issues with CC's to multiple members.......you copy 5 people and only 3 get it.......or.......you gat a PM that was sent to 5 people and you only see 2 others copied.

Not receiving an email alert is plausible, most likely due to your spam filter or your mail servers spam filter blocking it. However, CC'ing 5 people and only 2 receive it doesn't make sense. Can you please test it out when you have a chance? I sent a PM to almost 30 people recently and they all received it. I'd like to figure out exactly what is going on.

Not receiving an email alert is plausible, most likely due to your spam filter or your mail servers spam filter blocking it. However, CC'ing 5 people and only 2 receive it doesn't make sense. Can you please test it out when you have a chance? I sent a PM to almost 30 people recently and they all received it. I'd like to figure out exactly what is going on.

Will do......FYI, where I have seen this is when several of us try to plan something which requires numerous PM's going back and forth between a set group of members. We see that there are only 3 out of the 5 participants copied on a given PM and we contact the originator and he says he copied all 5. Or, I copy the 5 participants and only 3-4 get it. At first I thought it was do to mis-spelling but soon realized that the system won't accept a mis-spelled member name. ???

I would be happy to run a beta test, would you like to be copied or just informed of the outcome?

Yes, please copy me on the test. I'm really interested in seeing what's happening.

I sent cabaiguan juan a PM a couple of months ago and he never replied. He either didn't receive it or he just plain don't like me and ignored it.

He tried Bill, but your box was full. :sign:

:laugh:

Nope, not this time! :D

There's been room in my PM box ever since I sent him that PM. ;) He just doesn't like me. :laugh:

In all my years here, that has NEVER happened to me (not receiving an email alert to receiving a PM).

Now I can't send PM's without a five minute mandatory wait between PM's.....Anybody else

This is tough when I have ten minutes to be on CP and have to reply to a few PM's.