• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with PMs?

Now I can't send PM's without a five minute mandatory wait between PM's.....Anybody else

This is tough when I ten minutes to be on CP and have to reply to a few PM's.

Step away Jeff.........Step away!!

I dropped PM flood control down to 1 min.

I'm glad we were able to clear up the mysterious missing PM issue. :whistling:

I am not getting the PM notifications by email

I used to get them all the time. I even got the email note from the Spammer.

After that it was toast.

Mark

HEY EVERYBODY, YOU CAN PM BILL

LMAO! :laugh:

I'm still waiting to hear from that noob kcnewgirl. She's supposed to PM me her address so I can send her some CCs. ;)

After that it was toast.

Mark

I got one today. Wyatt sent me a PM thanking me for his Sweet16 pool winnings and the only reason I knew about it was because the PM notification showed up in my email inbox.

After that it was toast.

Mark

Same thing for me. I just logged on and saw that I had a pm waiting for me but I never received an email.

I had some issues with IE8 recently. I could not log in to the board but is showed me logged in on the current users list. I wonder if that is part of the pm problems.

If you're not receiving PM notifications, please contact your ISP and tell them to white list CigarPass.com.

I haven't received replies from a couple people... but I'm thinking it may be that they just don't like my (a possible problem as listed above).
Chris

After that it was toast.

Mark

Same exact thing happened here and now all my email alerts are being treated as spam. I have tried changing the filters and that did not work. I called Comcast and was told the reason that the email alerts are getting treated as spam is that there were complaints received that the address (CP) was spamming or that there was something "embedded" in the email that made it look like spam. This has to be because of that spam email. Also Comcast said that they no longer "whitelist" so if you have Comcast save yourself the call.

Or just sign up with gmail.com and be done with spam once and for all. Most ISP's do a horrible job at filtering spam; gmail seems to do the best job.

I guess all of the forums that got hit are now blacklisted.

Or just sign up with gmail.com and be done with spam once and for all. Most ISP's do a horrible job at filtering spam; gmail seems to do the best job.

I took your advice on gmail - question - can it be set up to send the emails through Outlook? I spent an hr today trying to set it up and no luck.

I'ts rough being technologically challenged. :laugh:

I took your advice on gmail - question - can it be set up to send the emails through Outlook? I spent an hr today trying to set it up and no luck.

Here you go Jim, Gmail Settings for Outlook 07 and Gmail Settings for Outlook 2003 . Those two guides should help out, let me know if you have any trouble getting it to work. I can always stop out.

I went ahead and changed my stored email address and everything seems to be working again (as far as I can tell). I received a verification email from CP, which I would think would indicate that I won't be having issues receiving email in the future. At any rate, I changed it from my verizon email address to my yahoo email address.

Here you go Jim, Gmail Settings for Outlook 07 and Gmail Settings for Outlook 2003 . Those two guides should help out, let me know if you have any trouble getting it to work. I can always stop out.

Thanks Mike!

I have a couple questions:

1. Is this a temporary problem? Without exaggeration, I would probably spend two hours on the phone to get to speak to someone at Time Warner to even discuss "whitelisting" and they may still not do it.

2. If I change the email address listed for CP do I have to change it to something other than Road Runner which is my current provider?

I have a couple questions:

1. Is this a temporary problem? Without exaggeration, I would probably spend two hours on the phone to get to speak to someone at Time Warner to even discuss "whitelisting" and they may still not do it.

2. If I change the email address listed for CP do I have to change it to something other than Road Runner which is my current provider?

1.) Every ISP blacklists differently. I'm eventually our "ban" will be lifted.

2.) Yes, most likely.

I would call and complain. I'll fill out a request to lift the ban later today.

I can report now with confidence that yahoo mail works just fine without any problems. I would prefer the notifications to go to my verizon account, but this isn't much of an issue. I'm just glad to return to getting the notifications.