• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Prometheus Opus X Plat. Edition.

GroobySteven

I'm new to this forum, so I hope this is appropriate place to post.

Was tidying up, and came across my two Prometheus Fuente OpusX Platinum Editions.   Both the Forbidden's are there in the glass tubes.
I was thinking about trading or selling as Opus aren't usually my favourites, but I couldn't find any comparable prices online.

Any ideas?  Help?

Lol good one.... How about reading the rules first and then post a For sale thread ?

GroobySteven said:

Was tidying up, and came across my two Prometheus Fuente OpusX Platinum Editions.   Both the Forbidden's are there in the glass tubes.
I was thinking about trading or selling as Opus aren't usually my favourites, but I couldn't find any comparable prices online.

Any ideas?  Help?

Send MoeCizlak a PM. He's the resident Opus expert. I'm sure he can help you.

louich said:
Lol good one.... How about reading the rules first and then post a For sale thread ?

I read the rules and I couldn't see anything about requesting some information ... I've googled and I couldn't find any for sale.

I do think however you might want to follow your own advice, and read the rules yourself - this one would seem applicable to you:

Rule 2
Treat others with respect.  If someone failed to use search prior to asking a common question, posts a thread in the wrong forum, etc… please kindly point them in the right direction.  Ego’s have no place at Cigar Pass.

tomthirtysix said:

Any ideas?  Help?

Send MoeCizlak a PM. He's the resident Opus expert. I'm sure he can help you.

Thanks mate, will do!

GroobySteven said:

Any ideas?  Help?

What did you pay for them?  We don't gouge around here, so you place trade value on what you paid and not what's comparable online.

bfreebern said:
What did you pay for them?  We don't gouge around here, so you place trade value on what you paid and not what's comparable online.

Looks like Bfreebern is trying to underbid MoeCizlak again... :0

MilesMingusMonk said:

Looks like Bfreebern is trying to underbid MoeCizlak again... :0

Anytime I can outbid Clint, I get it done.

bfreebern said:

Any ideas?  Help?

These were gifts.    Sorry if I made it look like I was trying to trade these here, I'm in the UK - so more interested in just a value to take to my cigar buddies than bring them all the way to the US on my next trip!
I've had them since 2005 when I think they retailed at $60 to the best info. I can find, there were 10,000 produced only, so if they're limited or rare, I'd value them accordingly.

I'd value them around $30ish, but that's just me.  Also, we don't trade or sell gifted cigars here.

UK pricing or US pricing?

Also - there's the exchange rate issue.

$50 was the price for the box set. 
If only someone had a site....hmmmm.

20,000 cigars (plus 5000 in J to CF and other in the CITB)

If you don't like them, trade them with somebody and go by the price you paid...unless you want a market price....that will likely be 'whatever you can get'.  

Cigar name: Tubed Platinum edition "Forbidden X"
aka: "Cigar in the Bottle cigar" / "FFOX Royal 8"
Vitola: 6" x 48
Wrapper: Opus X rosado sungrown
Binder: Opus X rosado
Filler: Opus X blend (see below)
Released: 2004
Quantity: 10,000 DVD sets, 2 cigars per set
Rarity: 3/10
MSRP: $50.00

bfreebern said:
I'd value them around $30ish, but that's just me.  Also, we don't trade or sell gifted cigars here.

I already stated I wasn't looking to sell or trade here.
grateful1 said:

If you don't like them, trade them with somebody and go by the price you paid...unless you want a market price....that will likely be 'whatever you can get'.  

Thanks.  Not sure what you mean "exhange rate issue" though - but thanks for the info,.

bfreebern said:

Although it may be considered bad form....I think that was dispelled sometime ago. As in 'it is yours now, do what you want'. Again, see 'bad form'.
GroobySteven said:

I already stated I wasn't looking to sell or trade here.

grateful1 said:

Thanks.  Not sure what you mean "exhange rate issue" though - but thanks for the info,.

If you are in the UK....the exchange rate back when these were new...it's like 50 cents off of todays rate (or there abouts).  
Note - 10,000 sets were produced  - as well as 5000 for another packages....and some more for the Cigar in the Bottle.

Note Note - thank Moki.

grateful1 said:

If you are in the UK....the exchange rate back when these were new...it's like 50 cents off of todays rate (or there abouts).  

Note - 10,000 sets were produced  - as well as 5000 for another packages....and some more for the Cigar in the Bottle.

Note Note - thank Moki.

Yeah I got these when I was in the USA.  I travel back and forth to LA every 6 weeks, which is pretty nice as I can pick up a lot of the US stuff that's hard to get here (CAO's can be difficult) or over-priced because of the UK extortionate prices and share them with the guys here. 

I'm owed well into 5 figures between Moki and Prometheus on the last Cigar in a Bottle deal I brokered.  Since then I've cut ties with both parties and will no longer broker deals.  Sorry Steven, I won't be of much help.

MoeCizlak said:
I'm owed well into 5 figures between Moki and Prometheus on the last Cigar in a Bottle deal I brokered.  Since then I've cut ties with both parties and will no longer broker deals.  Sorry Steven, I won't be of much help.

Did the bottles even last during transit?

Something tells me this newb is "a very important person" in his own book and doesn't take well to advice that goes against what he really wants to do.

Steve, why don't you sit back for a while and read up before you post again, and I say this in the most "Rule #2" way.  :rolleyes:

emoshun said:
Something tells me this newb is "a very important person" in his own book and doesn't take well to advice that goes against what he really wants to do.

Steve, why don't you sit back for a while and read up before you post again, and I say this in the most "Rule #2" way.  :rolleyes:

Pffft.  I ask a simple question and get a lot of fluff and bruised egos.
It's a shame, I thought this would be a good forum to share some information on, as I get to a lot of good cigar lounges around the world.

How's that for sitting back? :)

Sweetheart I'd try a 'lil harder, you haven't scratched the surface of any ego's here.