• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Promotion Pass

Treamayne

On the run...
Well.... I'm back for a week and wanted to see if I can get this on the road. I've already sent out a fair number of PMs with quite a few responses, but fro everybody else - here's the dealio.
-
I'm starting my first pass in honor of my pending promotion.
Since it will based on this, I am inviting as many mil (Sep and Ret) guys as I can, along with a select few others. Mostly I want to keep this small, 10-12 people at most. I currently have 9 reserved slots (1 Virtual and pending) with a couple PMs still outstanding. The list follows:
-
(V) - Emodx – Florida

SleepyJim - COMPLETE
Surfer – COMPLETE
Tone-ny – COMPLETE
AVB – COMPLETE
Shadow - COMPLETE
Skydivnekd - COMPLETE
Inflatus – COMPLETE
Mephiston – COMPLETE

Camaroon4me – MI
Stevehawk – ID
-
Pass order is as indicated above, barring further comments or (applicable and constructive) suggestions. I PMed Emo and he has a standing Virtual Pass invitation based on his TDY schedule and when he can check in. For those that haven't done teh Virtual Pass before, Emo will chack the current line up and mail his puts directly to the next passer while the current passer can mail Emo's takes directly to him. I'll refund any additional shipping, if req'd, with an extra bomb after I get the pass back. My goal is to see if this pass can arrive back here before my promotion ceremony.
-
I will also need help in monitoring the pass, since I will be TDY at least part of the time.
-
ROE:
First off, I'll remove the bands from the ISOMs (lessons learned) and will mail bands directly to each passer who takes one of the sticks. All bands are displayed in the picture below.
-
For Takes and Puts:
As most or all of you know - at a promotion celebration (Wettin Down, etc) the promotee buys drinks for the group (ostensibly using the difference between the old paycheck and teh new paycheck to fund the party.) This is my CP version, hence:
P=T-1
In other words, the first stick is free - on me - in celebration of my promotion. If you Take only one stick, you put nothing and move the pass. Take 3, put 2, etc. This is my tip-o-the-hat to all my service brethren here in CP. Were any of you to make it to Okinawa, drinks would also be on me. 20 Sticks are giong out (nice small pass) and I hope 10 return, which will be used in my Okinawan promotion ceremony and shared with my Special Ops brethren here on the promotion day (provided the pass can get back before then.)

-
Here is the expected line-up. Nothing earth shattering, but it's the best of my humi and the local shop.
-
Pass Contents:
-

1 RyJ Churchill – Tone-ny
2 RyJ No 2 - Shadow
3 RyJ Beli - Skydivnekd

4 Monte #1
5 Monte #2 - SCC
6 Monte #3
7 Punch Coronation - SCC
8 Punch Punch – Tone-ny
9 VRF - Mephiston
10 AF Short Story - SCC
11 AF Anejo 77* – Tone-ny
12 AF Anejo 55* - SleepyJim
13 AF Hemi - Inflatus
14 Gurkha - AVB
15 Padron 64 - Inflatus
16 Padron 26 - Mephiston
17 Ramon Allones 1837 - Mephiston

18 Cohiba Red Dot
19 Ashton VSG Corona Gorda - Shadow
20 CAO Anaconda - AVB

21 H Upmann Mag 46
22 Bolivar Beli Finos
23 SLR Serie A
24 HDM Short Hoyo 2003
25 ERDM Choix 2004
26 Cohiba Sublime EL – 2004 - AVB
27 Partagas Lusitania 2002 - Skydivnekd

28 Don Carlos Presidente
29 Bolivar Corona Gigante
30 Boli Corona Gigante '99
31 Corojo bundled
32 Cohiba Toro Tubo
33 San Cristobal la fuerte
34 Padron 1926 #1

-
And a pic for good measure (click to enlarge)

Looks like a great group of guys in your pass. :thumbs: Best of luck with things and I hope everything goes smooth as silk. Just thought I'd add that the #77 (Shark) is the box foot and the #55 has the cedar. :D Both FANTASTIC cigars...

Since he's currently the next in line in my pass, I feel confident in saying that tone-ny is in New Jersey, not Idaho. :D

Have fun with this Karl; remember make sure that when the box comes back to you the last guy does some...errrr....'cosmetic' work on any questionable sticks. Ya just never know............... :(

SteveHawk is in Idaho.

Since when is New Jersey the "Potato State"

Or is Idaho the Garden State, I fergit.......

Oh and Floyd is in Kentucky (Cincinnati area)

Is Barney helping you with the pass order ???

Sounds like fun, wish I coulda jumped in. I'm busy running my pass for now though.

I feel confident in saying that tone-ny is in New Jersey, not Idaho.

SteveHawk is in Idaho.

I must've mixed Tone-ny and Stevehawk - sorry (edited)

[snapback]168827[/snapback]​

I see your editorial skills fall short when it comes to reading sentances rather than bullet lists <grin>

Otherwise you may have noticed:
Pass order will be determined after final line up

Don't be sad, CC. Everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure that this linguist will eventually make a typo you can correct, allowing you to clear your name.

Treamayne said:
I feel confident in saying that tone-ny is in New Jersey, not Idaho.

SteveHawk is in Idaho.

I must've mixed Tone-ny and Stevehawk - sorry (edited)

[snapback]168827[/snapback]​

I see your editorial skills fall short when it comes to reading sentances rather than bullet lists <grin>

Otherwise you may have noticed:
Pass order will be determined after final line up

Don't be sad, CC. Everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure that this linguist will eventually make a typo you can correct, allowing you to clear your name.
[snapback]168837[/snapback]​

Did you do the "sentances" FU on purpose? And how did you figure that I concluded that was some kind of final pass order? Your comprehension and logic skills have been an issue in the past and I see this is no exception.

BTW Shadow is in WV, metro DC area.

Did you do the "sentances" FU on purpose?

Now, would I do that? <grin>

Thanks for the Shadow Tip - just got his address too.

Your comment on rxing help for the pass order implied that the list above was a (screwed up) tentative arrangement. If I mis-read your comment, I apologize. However, I doubt that my logic and comprehension are the issue.... FE FDF KU LTG KDF PEV KEV KE BDV GH KUGG GT. (Caps required - apologies)

-K-

PS: CC - Keep 'em comin'. Unlike Emo - I enjoy your banter, it keeps me thinkin'.

Edited original for Shadow.

PM sent! Look forward to this pass, by the time we wrap this one Emo should be able to start his. :D

Thanks for the invite Karl, PM sent. Also, congrats on your promotion, you deserve it Bruddah Karl. :thumbs:

I KNOW you have an idea where I'm from! :D

OK all....
-
Pass order and ROEs have been updated above. It looks like we'll start in the south, move up the coast then westward through all connecting states. After an eastward hop in MI, one long jump to ID then home to Okinawa.
-
Feel free to post or PM comments, questions or flames. This is my first go at running a pass and I can use all the help (and tough love) I can get.
-
-K-
-
PS: A couple of you PMed interest in helping with the pass, since I will leave within a week for about 20 days. If someone could post here that they will monitor the pass in my possible absence (Lockdown, GO1 and internet availability unknown...) I would be much appreciative. This way everyone will know who is monitoring the pass should it take a couple weeks before I can make it back online.

In principle, I like the idea of your pass. With the guys we have in it, I'm sure the ten smokes that return will be well worth the 20 stick investment. Congrats on your promotion. To what rank are you being promoted?

Here's to a great pass!

Floyd T. :sign:

***edited for a spelling correction***

SKYDIVNEKD said:
In principle, I like the idea of your pass.  With the guys we have in it, I'm sure the ten smokes that return will be well worth the 20 stick investment.  Congrats on your promotion.  To what rank are you being promoted?
[snapback]169245[/snapback]​

I don't want and am not worried about a return on the "investment." This is my way of sharing my promotion (to TSgt / E-6) with my fellow service BOTLs. The point is to buy for the brethren, not have them buy for me. <grin>

Here's to a great pass!

Here-here. I'm very glad to have a great group of people with which to share.

-K-

**Spelling Edit**

The Package (an I) are on our way. This is the smallest pass box I have ever seen. it passes multiple shake tests, so it should be good to go.

One of the sticks did not survive the band removal process unscathed. I am going to try to replace the stick today before I seal and ship. I will post status after the box hits the mail this afternoon.

I do not have any of the cigar zip locks I see everyone else use, so I made do with what I could. Everything is well protected. The pass definitely resembles the work of a low budget "sweaty."

The pass should moderate itself (we all are. or were, capable and responsible NCOs or Os - Es over Os baby) and I am unconcerned with anyone "approving" P/Ts. Just follow the RoEs and treat your BOTLs right and this pass will be great. If I don't have Internet while deployed, I'll be back in about three weeks - itching to hear all about the pass.

V/R

-K-

Hey Karl,

Have a good deployment and we'll catch you on the return. You are correct -- E's over O's!

Here's to a great pass, guys!

~Steve

Karl;

Enjoy your "vacation" for three weeks. :D

We will see you on the other side.

That box will be in your hands before you know it. :thumbs: