• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Proposal for a Rule Change

wk-mang

The "Salty Nuts" Dude
Rod and the Mod Squad,

I would like to propose that personal auctions be banned from this site as it doesn't fit in with the spirit of CigarPass. This site is about brotherhood and friendships and I don't see how having an auction to increase profits benefits fellow CPers... it only benefits the person who starts the auction. IMO it's not a very cool thing to do to your fellow CPers.

The only exception would be to have charitable auctions that have been approved by Rod & the Mod Squad.

Thanks for listening.

Aloha,

Wade

Who is better than Wade? Come on, tell me! Who! Fantastic idea Wade!! :thumbs:

wk-mang said:
I don't see how having an auction to increase profits benefits fellow CPers
It allows more people a chance to get a product they desire rather than the first person who happens to stumble upon the thread. It creates a fairer athmosphere and allows the buyer to set the price rather than the seller.

I'm with wade too!

This is not the place for auctioning off cigars.

Yahoo auctions use to... I don't know about now-a-days.

Hell if someone needs some particular cigar all they have to do is ask and it will be bombed to them or someone will tell them were the best place to buy them at MSRPs. There is also trading for them or setting a reasonable price.

~Monte

Although it does fit some personalities aloud to cruise this site.... the majority of us are trying to keep the brotherhood alive and this site on it's original plateau.
Amen Wade!

Monte said:
Hell if someone needs some particular cigar all they have to do is ask and it will be bombed to them or someone will tell them were the best place to buy them at MSRPs. There is also trading for them or setting a reasonable price.

~Monte
Well put! :thumbs: ;) :thumbs:

I also agree with brotha Wade.
We are all brothers in here....one big happy cigar-smoking family and it's definitely not cool to profit from a fellow BOTL especially in our own house.

Thanks for the support Brothers! The vast majority of CPers "get it" and that's why I love this place and the people! :thumbs: :thumbs: :love: :love:

Aloha,

Wade

Yep, not a fan of personal auctions on here. Should be first come, first serve, if you want to pay the price set by the seller.

Monte said:
If that's the case why ban auctions? Auctions would not net a gain. I wonder how many people who are for the auction ban are Republicans.

Lumberg said:
If that's the case why ban auctions? Auctions would not net a gain. I wonder how many people who are for the auction ban are Republicans.
And WTF would it matter?

There might not be any rule against auctions (yet), but I am pretty sure I read somewhere to leave your politics at the door.

Arlen

I wonder how many people who are for the auction ban are Republicans.

OH YEAH WELL........... :p :D I don't like anyone telling me what I can do or can't do including my ex-wife :sign:

WrenchASE said:
Lumberg said:
If that's the case why ban auctions?  Auctions would not net a gain.  I wonder how many people who are for the auction ban are Republicans.
And WTF would it matter?

There might not be any rule against auctions (yet), but I am pretty sure I read somewhere to leave your politics at the door.

Arlen
Just curious more on a philosophical level. Cos Republicans on the whole believe in less regulation and letting things sort themselves out.

I believe the less rules the better. Sounds like between certain concerned citizens and the conditions described by Monte there is no need to add another rule here. But it will be interesting to see.

This is a brotherhood, not a republic. :thumbs:

Lumberg said:
Just curious more on a philosophical level. Cos Republicans on the whole believe in less regulation and letting things sort themselves out.

I believe the less rules the better. Sounds like between certain concerned citizens and the conditions described by Monte there is no need to add another rule here. But it will be interesting to see.
Then pull your auction.

I agree with Bruddah Wade. This is CP not an freakin' auctionhouse.

Monte said:
Lumberg said:

Then pull your auction.
I did that before I posted that bro.

I always thought it was one of those unspoken rules. It is definately not in the best interest of CP to have auctions. Keep those to the auction sites.

Wade, I agree whole-heartedly about the proposed rule change. I have emailed Rod about it.
CP is not a place to make a profit, not matter what your intentions are.

And I thought, even with the influx of newbies, that more and more of us "got it".
<sigh> :lookup:

Dave :lookup: