• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Protecting the utopia.

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
Ya know something…? An epiphany

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to stick around. I mean, sheesh, you folk can be tough on a new guy asking the wrong question at the wrong time. But then I took the time this weekend to read some posts you guys made from last year and at first I thought you were attacking yet another newbie for asking a seemingly innocent question. And…after following the thread a bit…someone here discovered that the new guy had been trying to make a buck. Not that there is anything wrong with making a little money, but it is not appropriate here. And this guy wasn’t “innocent.” He was peddling his wares in a place that encourages the “love of the leaf” through selfless mentoring and giving. You are all very protective of one another…really love cigars, and are interested in promoting the passion. God help those that attempt to disrupt the nirvana…this cigar utopia.

I give you kudos.

I spent 20 years making a living where the number one rule was watch your buddy’s back. My brothers didn’t care where you had been or what you had done; all they ever asked is that you “walked the walk.” We had a saying, “Talk is cheap…performance is what counts.” And if you were ever in doubt, you referred back to rule number one.

So, it’s not that you are being mean… er…well, maybe a few of you, … but for the most part you are just looking out for one another.

Have a good week… and I will talk with you when I get back.

Cheers. :cool:

C&G

Some one who seems to get it!!! What rock did you crawl out from under. Lately we have had nothing but crazy people on the board and someone who understands is refreshing.

G&G, I'm glad you decided to take a deeper look (which must have involved using the search feature) before jumping ship. Absolutely, we watch each others backs. We're here because have a passion for the leaf and for our community. That passion is expressed through the sharing of knowledge, experience, trading, and even gifting of our cigars. When someone comes into our community and threatens to take advantage of any member or group of members, that passion is expressed in a way that the offender will not find inviting. I hope you stay and experience the passion of the community as a brother and understand what's really happening when you see trolls, scammers, and scumbags experience the other side of our passion.

Goddamn. I'm stunned reading this especially after the procession of numbnutz we've had parade through here. Well said and it does indeed sound like you're onto something. Keep it up, CnG.

This place ain't utopia, but it'll serve.

Wilkey

Goddamn. I'm stunned reading this especially after the procession of numbnutz we've had parade through here. Well said and it does indeed sound like you're onto something. Keep it up, CnG.

This place ain't utopia, but it'll serve.

Wilkey

Blasphamy!!! :D

Right on man.

I can tell you that I have never been treated better by a community before. I have been on a few other boards, but nothing compares to this.

Awwh Shucks..... :blush:

Tim

Thanks guys. I really appreciate what you have here and just hope I can contribute. In the mean time, I will continue to data mine all I can.
But now, I must pack my travel humidor because I am off to Colorado.

What goes better with mountain air than cigars? NOTHING!

Regards...

C&G

Thanks guys. I really appreciate what you have here and just hope I can contribute. In the mean time, I will continue to data mine all I can.
But now, I must pack my travel humidor because I am off to Colorado.

What goes better with mountain air than cigars? NOTHING!

Regards...

C&G

Mountain air with MORE cigars... :cool:

About damn time...

I believe that's two newbs this week who are getting off on the right foot!