• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Public Apology

2 weeks after George claims he sent it off, no cheque/money order for postage yet. No communication (emails, pm's, phone calls) since Nov 3.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

2 weeks after George claims he sent it off, no cheque/money order for postage yet. No communication (emails, pm's, phone calls) since Nov 3.

What a fuggin' asshat of the highest order - not to mention a sniveling coward who attempted (throughout this post) to nit-pick issues and generally make excuses rather than simply be an honorable man and fix the mess he created.

As stated earlier, if he hasn't already been placed on the scumbag and general shithead list, he needs to be immediately. His true colors have definitely been shown.

This whole issue is unbelievable!
I like Moki's comment best: if the guy can't come up with $100 to make good on a deal gone wrong he shouldn't have been doing this in the first place.
To ship a bottle of wine in a box with improper packing materials is just stupid and we all know what Ron White says about that: YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

We all talk about blowing our cigar budget and having to slow down with cigar buying but this is a case of life mis-management!

Regardless of who your family consists of, just you or you and a gaggle of dependents, you are doing your family a big dis-service by not being able to control your life management.

If you can't afford to do something ten times over you shouldn't enter in to that deal, because something unforeseen could end up just like this did!

I'm curious to see if the guy shows up for Secret Santa after all this crap. He's got a "kid" and somebody has him, so the possibility is there for him to screw somebody again and the "kid" isn't going to know why nothing has come his/her way.

I'm curious to see if the guy shows up for Secret Santa after all this crap. He's got a "kid" and somebody has him, so the possibility is there for him to screw somebody again and the "kid" isn't going to know why nothing has come his/her way.

Jonesy, you may want to bring this to NCCL's attention for just that reason. If he screws his "kid" over, we will make it right. Just keep me in the loop.

I am reasonably sure his kid will be well taken care of by the membership, we still may want to let NCCL know ASAP just the same.

Jim

Good point Brian, maybe David should just remove him and let someone else take his place, I am sure there are plenty of brothers who would jump in to help keep the guy from screwing his kid, I would be happy to be a SS twice ;)

Good point Brian, maybe David should just remove him and let someone else take his place, I am sure there are plenty of brothers who would jump in to help keep the guy from screwing his kid, I would be happy to be a SS twice ;)

Sounds like a plan to me sir. This whole situation is disgusting to me. Follow through with your commitments, and like Infinity says, "You're only good as your last trade..." :angry:

What a fuggin' asshat of the highest order - not to mention a sniveling coward who attempted (throughout this post) to nit-pick issues and generally make excuses rather than simply be an honorable man and fix the mess he created.

As stated earlier, if he hasn't already been placed on the scumbag and general shithead list, he needs to be immediately. His true colors have definitely been shown.

I was waiting to see if anything turned out here... but yeah... I think it is time to add him to the Scumbags list.

Oh I'll take his place....and funny how my wife is watching General Hospital now and its just like this. No offense

Oh I'll take his place....and funny how my wife is watching General Hospital now and its just like this. No offense

Marco-Polo is a great BOTL, and I have had the opportunity to HERF with him. I also would like to step up for a extra SS if need be. Sorry to hear this hasn't been solved Marco.

Thanks guys - I guess that the story's more or less played out the way it's going to play out. I don't feel bad about throwing in $10 so that interscape got his sticks, although I'm a little p.o.'ed about having to clean up George's mess, literally and otherwise.

As for SS, if there's no late entry to fit in there (if I recall correctly from the Philly Herf, Local669 wanted to participate, but hadn't signed up in time), it might be an idea to collectively bomb the "kid" and donate the sticks destined to smoke76 to the troops or as a top-up to the CPI pool - assuming it can't simply be relayed from one to the other. In other words, a great gesture from the community as a whole.

although I'm a little p.o.'ed about having to clean up George's mess, literally and otherwise.
See, this is the whole problem here.....you shouldn't have to clean up someone else's mess. I guess he's gonna just hide and run away now which is kinda pathetic to me. Marco, this will come around back to you in one way or another... I'm quite sure.

No doubt that Marco shall reap far more than he sowed.

The issue with Secret Santa is that the 'kid' doesn't know who his/her Secret Santa is. There is no reason they should have this experience screwed up for them. My opinion is that the replacement Santa remain anonymous for that reason.

Perhaps we should take up shunning. You can only can scumbags "Scumbag" so many times.

This issue has come up before and will come up again in SS. Seems to happen almost every year. And w/ the number of people participating continuing to grow, it will probably get more common. David keeps a good eye out, and he has a list of elves willing to make things right if things go wrong. :cool:

Correct me if I am wrong:

You have to be 18 to get cigars; if your balls haven't dropped by the time your 18 enough for you to fess up to a mistake, then you better be seeing a doctor ASAP.

But, I'm just a noob so I don't know much yet =) I shudder at the thought of the scumbag list!
--Holy

Correct me if I am wrong:

You have to be 18 to get cigars; if your balls haven't dropped by the time your 18 enough for you to fess up to a mistake, then you better be seeing a doctor ASAP.

The force is strong with this one.

*Low whistle*

Wow. Another thread for the newbie-required-reading list...maybe more so than the "Tats for sale" thread...

This got ugly in a big way. I kept watching, waiting for a spectacular recovery, but looks like the big boys have pulled the big guns. Ouch.

Not too late would be too optimistic? Dude, serious buffoonery afoot. Make nice quick and then get low observable. "Luke, at that speed", indeed. Yikes.

Trey