• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pulled the trigger

Sure did. OK, it's still a big humi, even without the extra space!
I only got one peltier, and think that should be sufficient.

Yes, more than sufficient. I was borderline with one Peltier. The Peltier's work great. Bob will set the temp for you at +- 69.5 and the RH at 65% which works just great for me.

You can see the two Peltier's at the back. At the bottom (not visible) is the reservoir with a drip tray above. Very clever - when the Peltiers run any condensation falls back into the drip tray to the reservoir.

Now the wait huh! Great choice of humi, worth the wait!

Brian

Cripes, I should be getting a vig from Bob on these things!! :D

It will be very hard to keep the door closed while seasoning. I was lucky (or unlucky) when I got mine. The very day after it came in, I had to fly to Minsk, Belarus for a week. I got back a week later and did the load in, and all was good.

Infinity, one thing I can imagine is good about having two peltiers is that they would run less, I presume. My unit runs an average of 15-20 minutes per hour at 70 degrees internal with an ambient of about 80 degrees. Does yours run less than that?

JK

LOL.
I've wondered about how long it would run at different ambients. Over 80 should be rpetty rare in the room that it will be in, so I'm OK with 15-20 mintues an hour...though I will probably set the temp a degree or two lower inside.

You're going to LOVE it.
There is no better custom humidor made, and no more decent and genuine man then Bob Staebell.

I got mine almost 3 years ago, and I have nothing but praise. Although it has now become a little too small <LOL>

Good luck with yours!

Michael

Smokelaw, I feel your pain....for having to wait the 6-8 weeks. Trust me it is painful....But soooooooooooooooo worth it.

While I only orederd a Mini, I love and working with Bob was terrific.

You made a great choice and wont regret a thing.

Enjoy and post pics!

Congratulations Josh! I absolutely have no regrets in purchasing my Aristocrat THC this past January. Thus far the cooling system seems to be doing a great job at keeping the cabinet below 70º. We had some 90º degree days already this summer and the room temp went to 82º+ and my smokes stayed nice and cool.

Again Congratulations!

Jim,
That sounds great to me. Looks like our units will be nearly identical. I see in your thread that you said you wished it had more room...still feel that way?

Infinity, one thing I can imagine is good about having two peltiers is that they would run less, I presume. My unit runs an average of 15-20 minutes per hour at 70 degrees internal with an ambient of about 80 degrees. Does yours run less than that?

JK

Wow, 20 minutes a hour! Mine probably runs 5 to 10 minutes every 3 to 4 hours.

Jim,
That sounds great to me. Looks like our units will be nearly identical. I see in your thread that you said you wished it had more room...still feel that way?

That's the problem unfortunately. I have since purchased a cabinet humidor that holds 120 boxes. What you think is enough space, never is!

Brian

I already have the weirdest feeling that in a few years I'm going to be looking at the Delta T Armoire and thinking that it might be the way to go!
Man, I'm gonna need a bigger den!

That's great Josh! You sounded a little hesitant on Monday, I'm glad you came to your senses! LOL! The toughest part is the waiting!

Bob is definitely the type of guy anyone would want to do business with.

Enjoy!

That's great Josh! You sounded a little hesitant on Monday, I'm glad you came to your senses! LOL! The toughest part is the waiting!

Bob is definitely the type of guy anyone would want to do business with.

Enjoy!

Like Rob said, I had almost talked myself out of it. But I have enough invested in my collection that I should have a home worthy of them. If had had gone with any other humidor or solution, I would have still be shopping. This is, hopefully, the last humidor I will need to buy for a very, very long time.

SSSSSWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!

Congrats and I think you'll be satisfied.

Congrats and I know you'll be satisfied

Going on five weeks! How you hanging in there Josh?

You have to have a serious case of the DTs by now.

Hey Ralph...it's not pretty. Sitting on the front porch, fists grasping empty cellophane, rocking back and forth, looking up and down the street for the ground freight company to deliver my new baby.....
The temp in the basement humidors is up to 72 in this heat. I am getting just a tad nervous.

Talked to Bob about a week ago, and he said that it is going to be a little while more. Last week, he told me three more weeks. So, the initial 6 week estimate looks to be a tad enthusiastic. But then again, quality of this caliber is always worth waiting for!

Hey Ralph...it's not pretty. Sitting on the front porch, fists grasping empty cellophane, rocking back and forth, looking up and down the street for the ground freight company to deliver my new baby.....
The temp in the basement humidors is up to 72 in this heat. I am getting just a tad nervous.

Talked to Bob about a week ago, and he said that it is going to be a little while more. Last week, he told me three more weeks. So, the initial 6 week estimate looks to be a tad enthusiastic. But then again, quality of this caliber is always worth waiting for!

ive had bob going 100 mph trying to finish my humi for my cigar shop, so you can blame me. :blush: im going to pick up my lockers and the rest of the shelving today so ill be out of his hair for awhile.

ive had bob going 100 mph trying to finish my humi for my cigar shop, so you can blame me. :blush: im going to pick up my lockers and the rest of the shelving today so ill be out of his hair for awhile.

OH! So YOU'RE the "hardass from Dallas" that Bob told me was holding up the whole operation!!! :angry: :angry:

Just kidding, of course, Bob didn't say any such thing. Wow, having someone to blame doesn't help at all...how does that get me the new humi any sooner? :laugh:

hey smoke...give me you last name and your zip code and ill check on it when go by there this afternoon.