• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pulled the trigger

smokelaw1

Cigar Ambassador
Reaction score
After too long fighting with temp and humidity in my house without central air, and having to store my collection in the basement to avoid summer heat,
I have an Aristocrat Plus THC on its way. It was research and recommendations from a number of BOTLs that pointed me to Bob Staebell as the type of person one would want to trust to build, sell, and stand by a humidor like this. Thanks for all of the input! I went with one extra singles drawer and slide out shelves.
aristocratsample.jpg

Can't wait!
6 weeks...has it been 6 weeks since yesterday yet?

I went with the Dark Cherry wood, with a crown top, flat panel door.
As for options, I put in an extra singles drawer, as I liek having a bunch on singles, and could just about fill one drawer with current stocks, so I figured no sense buyig something that I might outgrow anytime soon. I also got the sliding drawers, which apparently makes getting to boxes in the abck and to the resevoir much easier.
I got the THC, and according to Bob, it should be good for 18 degrees or so below room temp.
Jim, do you love yours as much as everyone else I have spoken too?

smokelaw1 - congrats. I'll be very interested in what you think of your new humi once you get it up and running, as I'm in the same boat. No central air as here in the PacNW it really doesn't get "hot" for more than a couple of weeks a year, and it pretty much always cools off at night. Like you, I'm tired of dragging my cooler(s) around when it gets warm. We have a closet on the ground level that stays pretty cool, and that's where they stay during the "warm" months.

I've looked at Bob's work with a lot of admiration; I want to "pull the trigger" about Feb next year, so I'll be watching for your comments once you get yours up and running.

Again, congratulations on your investment..!! I'm sure your gars will appreciate it... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

BBS,
I will get comments out once it comes in, and more once it's up and running. So far, as near as I can tell, no one is disappointed with Bob's work.

After too long fighting with temp and humidity in my house without central air, and having to store my collection in the basement to avoid summer heat,
I have an Aristocrat Plus THC on its way. It was research and recommendations from a number of BOTLs that pointed me to Bob Staebell as the type of person one would want to trust to build, sell, and stand by a humidor like this. Thanks for all of the input! I went with one extra singles drawer and slide out shelves.
aristocratsample.jpg

Can't wait!
6 weeks...has it been 6 weeks since yesterday yet?

Central air might have been cheaper to put in the house! ;)

Nice humi! Are you sure there's enough room?

Gary,
Not quite...and I couldn't take it with me when we move!

Thanks...I hope there's enough room. I should have the drawers about 45% filled off the bat, but the box storage only about 1/4 or 1/3 filled. There should be some room to grow the collection!

Congrats on a great choice!

Picked up mine from Bob as a gift from my wife. He does beautiful work. I had a glass top and etched door put on mine. I also added 2 additional single selves plus a drawer. Aged cigars stacked in the bottom, variety of ready to smoke choices in the top drawers. It's on display in my living room with the baby grand piano. Take a trip to a knob and pull store and add some nice hardware to the door it makes the hummi look that much better.

Trust me you'll be the envy of the neighborhood ;)

What a beauty! Congratulations.

How many boxes can you fit in the box storage area?

Wilkey

Congrats... I think!
You had almost talked yourself out of it at the cigar dinner!
:sign:
Enjoy it man!
-Rob

Yes, it has been a nice thing to have. Mine is the one on the Aristocrat Plus THC page that is captioned "Aristocrat Plus THC with Double Storage Drawers - Dark Red Mahogany, Crown Molding, Burl Panels on Door & Drawers." It used to have its own page but I guess I got demoted. My cigar smoking buddies call it "Mecca" and they bow in front of when they come to my house. You can't buy that kind of envy. Wait, yes you can. You just did!

I also went for the extra singles drawer. I think it is a great idea because you can always de-box cigars and store them there, and if you decide you want more room for boxes, it comes off the rails and out with the push of a button. Good call! Let us know when it gets here!

JK

LOL Jim...
That's yours? It was your Humi that made up my mind to get the one I did!
I can't wait to load her up and get her running. I don't know how I'm going to leave the door closed enough to season!

Very nice ! Congrats on the purchase.
This will be the longest 6 weeks of your life !

Ive always wanted one of these, but Im afraid of the shipping costs to Canada. Ouch. Its a freezerdor for me, at the moment.
Not as pretty but its functional. God I hate functional ! :p

Hey, congrats - I hope I influenced you just a little :)

This is my unit so you know what to expect -

humidor.jpg

Well made piece of furniture that happens to be a humidor.

Brian

Edit to add - I went for the same unit as Jim but only one storage drawer at the bottom. This increased the internal measurements (cubic feet) so I had to install 2 x Peltier cooling systems, I believe Jim has one Peltier. FYI - I added beads, the same quantity as if there were no active system, this stabilizes the humi.

Infinity,
The thread about your humidor was the final nail that sealed the deal. I debated adding the accesory drawer, but decided against it.

Edit: Is that a normal sized PLUS or a PLUS 48? If it's the normal plus (though taller due to the drawer on the bottom), then it looks like I'm going to have even more room than I thought. I thought I would lose more space due tot he second singles drawer.
Hmmm, I'll be needing some more cigars.

Sure did. OK, it's still a big humi, even without the extra space!
I only got one peltier, and think that should be sufficient.