• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rare Corojo

acruce

Punch Rare Corojo

Construction: Box Press 6” with ring gage of about 44.
Nice Draw slightly sweet taste.

1st Third: I am noticing a sweet earthy taste, white creamy smoke with, nice white ash, so far very nice. Ash about an inch and half long before ashing.

2nd Third: Cigar has mellowed out nicely, very creamy sweet smoke, with an even burn, very enjoyable to this point.

3rd third: This cigar burned evenly threw out with a very enjoyable creamy sweet taste, I think this is very good smoke .A very good bang for the buck.I Will definitely have to purchase a few more. I would highly recommend trying one if you haven’t already.

Excellent smoke, I love these and for the price you can not go wrong

Try to get your hands on some with a few years of age they are even better....

One of my favorite Punch's! I am a huge fan of Punch, except the Grand Cru. Really didn't do anything for me...

I got a box of the Crystale smoked one pretty good got the other in the Humi for a couple of years :)

I just smoked a 4 yr old Rare Corojo Rothschild while listening/watching the RED SOX come back to beat the Rangers. The smoke volume and draw was really fantastic. The taste was hit and miss through the whole stick. There were moments when it was creamy and nice (a strong cedar taste, woodsy, a little peppery spice taste, however, very faint) and moments when there was a slight (unsavory) bitterness.

Age definitely helps these suckers when they're young. They seem to change a lot, IMHO, in the first few months, year or two. I suppose if I sat this one out for another 4 years there'd be another change and maybe a change for the better.

Yeah, these cigars will definitely improve with age. Even a year or two seems to make a difference.

Punch is just a classic and reliable brand. The rare corojo is a very nice upgrade from some of their standard editions and the price is right. I am also a fan of this one.

Just smoked a mini roth. and was very impressed. The cigar was pretty firm but had a surprisingly easy draw and burned for nearly 70 mins. Not harsh at all even down to the nub.

Punch Rare Corojo Rothschild's are great cigars and a great value.
They are out again, now!
I find it interesting that the majority of posts on these sticks are all from very new members.
When I got back into cigars after an almost 25 year absence I smoked quite a few of these sticks.
I've moved on to many other cigars, but always enjoy these.
I have a few that are a couple of years old. These are great with some age...

I had the Punch Rare Corojo a couple nights ago.
Right out of the mail box with no aging. It was a very nice smoke, even better with the price.
I'll keep an eye out on these and pounce on the next sale.
Excellent $3 smoke imo.

I forgot to add the info about the name, wrapper, and issues.

1.) It is not rare
2.) It is not Corojo

Even not being a Corojo, the wrapper is still very thin. It cracked and split when I smoked it.
There are two methods to help prevent this.
1.) Ginseng method
2.) DevilDoc method

For me, tap water will do fine.

I think the wrapper is a sumatran(sp?) from Ecuador.

Punch Rare Corojo Cigars

Punch Rare Corojo cigars are made with extra rich, dark Sumatra wrapper leaves that are grown in the mountains of Ecuador. The filler is a rich blend of Honduran, Nicaraguan and Dominican tobaccos.Punch Rare Corojo is a rare cigar that is limited due to its rich, reddish wrapper leaves that are only grown in limited quantities. Introduced years ago the Rare Corojo immediate sold out. In 2001, as overseen by Villazon cigar master Frank Llaneza, these exceptional cigars were brought back in a more robust blend in a special square-pressed version.

Rare Corojo cigars are made with extra rich, dark Sumatra wrapper leaves that are grown in the mountains of Ecuador. The filler is a rich blend of Honduran, Nicaraguan and Dominican tobaccos.

I am a huge fan of the Rare Corojo.. A buddy of mine suggested that if I like this cigar (which I do) then I should try the H. Upmann Vintage Camaroon. After doing so, I think it was an awesome suggestion. These two cigars in my opinion are very much alike. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

Love them. Good review.

This thread offers some good insight on this cigar. I bought a single at my B&M a while back, kept it in the humi for a few days, and gave it a try. It wasn't a bad cigar, it just wasn't remarkable in any way. No flavors jumped out at me - it just really didn't have a lot of character. Based on this thread, I may try again with some serious humi time.

I, too, find the smoke a good bang for the buck. They also age well, if you have the patience. Good review. :)