• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puros Indios Chief, cuz I have to...

Gavin

DAE5BCE3-097F-480B-8003-419A85E76DCD.jpegDAE5BCE3-097F-480B-8003-419A85E76DCD.jpeg5E6D171E-9E9A-4D51-95A7-0829E5C96AB2.jpeg

About eight years ago, Kingantz, our most prolific cigar reviewer, got out of the cigar game, and he kindly sent me a handful from his stash with the request that I review a particular cigar he was sending along. I foolishly agreed to this. The extra cigar was a massive thing, as long as my shinbone. It was Puros Indios...which is not my cup of tea. It is maduro, which I don’t like. This behemoth has been cluttering up my wineador for too long, and it’s time I bit the bullet.
The wrapper is much nicer than I expected, and I feel only one soft spot about a foot up the length of the cigar. I punched the cap, and used my triple flame to light the damn thing. Good thing I have an extra can of butane. The first few puffs don’t taste like much. It’s quite mild, and having eighteen inches to travel, the smoke is cool by the time it gets to me. I was afraid draw would be a problem, but it’s not. There’s a taste that reminds me of laundry detergent. I settle in with a Guinness, and prepare for a long haul.
About thirty minutes in, and I feel like I haven’t made much of a dent. It’s....fine...so far. Not good, but better than my low expectations. The laundry detergent flavor is still present, but it could be worse.
After an hour, it’s starting to have a charred meat flavor, and the draw is getting a little tighter.
Ninety minutes in, and I’m asking myself what I’ve gotten myself into. It still has to be fifteen inches long. At least the detergent taste is gone.
Two and a half hours in, and I’m just bored with this. My jaw is sore, and I’m not enjoying it. Obviously the thing is just a gimmick, but it’s becoming painful. I’ll go to the three hour mark, but then I’m throwing in the towel.
Three hours in. I’m trying not to feel defeated, but I have been. This is a monster, that no one should smoke. Is it bad? No, the flavor is okay, but after three hours, okay is not enough.
The spectre of this cigar that has loomed over me for eight years has been exorcised. Kingantz, the job is done, damn you.

That’s funny Gavin! How do you know what laundry detergent taste like? I never took you to be the Tide Pod generation type.

He sent me one of those. I think I reneged and threw mine away.

That’s funny Gavin! How do you know what laundry detergent taste like? I never took you to be the Tide Pod generation type.

He sent me one of those. I think I reneged and threw mine away.
Throwing it away would have been wiser. It’s the next day, and I have no interest in smoking today. I plead the fifth regarding the laundry detergent.

Mother of PEARL! What was the RG on that thing? Did you have any problems keeping it lit?

Throwing it away would have been wiser. It’s the next day, and I have no interest in smoking today. I plead the fifth regarding the laundry detergent.
Yeah, it different than yours. A huge perfecto cigar with something like an 80 or 90 ring gauge. Even Ron Swanson would question his manhood putting that thing near his mouth.

There were a few guys at the Rocky Mountain Cigar festival this year smoking a cigar that was a touch bigger than this. It was $50, or $40 if you smoke it at the festival. I think the box said "woody" (picture attached)

Attachments

• largecigar.jpg
    largecigar.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 24
There were a few guys at the Rocky Mountain Cigar festival this year smoking a cigar that was a touch bigger than this. It was $50, or $40 if you smoke it at the festival. I think the box said "woody" (picture attached)
What is it about festivals that brings out dudes in kilts?

Man, I think I'd do that at the end of the festival. Sounds like a great way to ruin your palate for the rest of the day.