• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puros Indios - Cienfuegos

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
#2 in my review of cigars I picked up from the RTDA tihs year is the:
Puros Indios - Cienfuegos

[Note: have smoked more than 2 cigars since the RTDA, just writing reviews of ones I liked over others]

I was quite happy and suprised to pick up this cigar at the RTDA.
My fave. cigar magazine on the market is the 'European Cigar Cult Journal'. In the Spring/Summer issue this year the magazine reviewed the Cienfuegos brand, which is the strongest line by Puros Indios. Their scores ran from 3.5 stars to 4 [out of a 5-point scale] At the time the magazine came out, the cigar was only available on the German-Speaking market in Austria and Switzerlan only. As of the RTDA it looks like it will be on the US market now as well.
[on an aside about the German market, can also sadly say they get Perdomo La tradicions in about 5 more shapes/sizes than are sold here :( ]

The cigars come in boxes similar to the reg. Puros Indios. The top of the box has a beautiful label with the name, some palm trees, bales of leaves and some workers in a field. Each cigar comes wrapped in cedar with a pretty band similar to the label on the box.

Cigar: Puros Indios - Cienfuegos
Name: Engine No. 5 [robusto]

Wrapper - H 2000 Ecuador
Binder - Nicaraguan
Filler - Dominican/Nicaraguan

The beautiful robusto came wrapped in a cedar sleeve. The wrapper was a nice med. to dark brown in color. It was silky-smooth to the touch.
Clipped the end with a straight cut and lit it with my Colibri torch.

The cigar lit pretty well, needed a small touch-up to get going. But it should be noted I smoked this outside tonight and it was windy.
The draw was very nice, with medium amounts of smoke.

I loved the taste in the begining. It started out right away, good taste, and I think part of that had to do with the H2000 wrapper from Ecuador.

The taste was a little earthy and woody. But there was some underlying pep to it. [trying not to get too Cigar Aficionado here] There was some taste of light spice and substance to it. Def had a small buzz by the time I was done.

The cigar burned well until about 2/3 of the way through, had to re-light at that point.

The only thing I really had against it was no real flavour development as the cigar burned [it kept the same great taste as from the beginning, just nothing else developed]. That said, it was a very tasty cigar. I enjoyed it and it smoked well as it went along. Tastes different from many cigars on the market now.
I am not sure of the exact price, as I didn't see a sheet for them, but the ECCJ listes them at 7.20 euros.

One big thing tho is that I have never been a fanb of Puros Indios before, any of their line. This one was worth it though

on my scale of thumbs-up guys [out of 5]
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: