• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th......

A great time and a helluva worthwhile event! Thanks Charlie and Beth for another great year!
And thanks to all the great brothers who smoked, ate and drank up a storm. It was truly a good time!

Charlie,

This years QSH was awesome.
Great BOTL, a sunny day, and even some hotties in attendance for one!
My only complaint is that I didn't win enough!  :p

Thanks for all your hard work (and Beth's) and thanks to all the generous sponsors.

Any clue on what the bundle of cigars was that I won that was 'just rolled'?

Thanks again and again!

-Rob

Looks like an awesome time was had by all.
I'm certainly going to have to plan it out to make it next year!!

Rob, the bundle of fresh rolled you won was from Arthur Avenue at La Casa Grande (sp) and the owner is a cool guy. On Facebook, he goes by Paulie Cigar. Drop a line to him and say thanks, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Enjoy the cigars...... :)

I just checked my Facebook and Paulie's actual name is listed as "Pauly Cigars".

MoeCizlak said:
That was truly one of the greatest times I've ever had, and I've had some great ones. It was so great to get to meet a whole lot of people I've "known" for years and put names to faces and to make many new friendships.  I really don't possess the vocabulary to sufficiently describe what a blast that was, so I'll just shut up and post some pictures I took.

CharlieinCharge.jpg

Charlie in Charge!

Cheerleaders.jpg

What cigar event would be complete without cheerleaders?!?  I don't know if Charlie planned this or not, but all three young ladies had a thing for short, fat, bald, married guys.  It got pretty embarrassing at one point but they're only human.

ChristianJeffandTom.jpg

Christian (EricDriscoll), Jeff (Shibumi) and Tom (Tomthirtysix).  We strategicially set up shop next to the wonderful kegs of Newburgh Brewing beer.  We may not seem like the smartest people in the world, but we are when it comes to beer.

Pipers.jpg

Everyone agreed that the pipers were the highlight of the herf.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place when they finished playing.  The best part was Elliot didn't look nearly as silly in his skirt once these guys showed up.  Although I think these guys called theirs "kilts".

PeteandTom.jpg

Pete (bxcigrfan) and Tom get in line for some out of this world grub.  If the money for the ticket went solely for the food provided it would've been well worth it.  Simply amazing.

LosJesusTomPeteandTone.jpg

Clockwise from top: Tomthirtysix, Pete, Tone, Los and Jesus.  Don't be fooled by the smiles on the faces, this game was serious business and quite fun to watch.  Los, how'd it end up? :)

LosJesusPeteToneandLE05.jpg

Another action shot.  But I had to sneak the velvety smooth LE '05 into the picture.  That was an absolute treat to smoke.

GaryWillPaulHalaykoandTom.jpg

Gary, Will (badwhale), Paul Halayko from Newburgh Brewing and Tom.  Newburgh makes some tasty beers and Paul was even offered and accepted a cigar.  He disappeard shortly afterwards so I'm thinking Johnny-Os were a little on the heavy side for him.

PaulIsrealGary.jpg

As the evening was winding down, Paul, Gary, Isreal and others reflect on what a great time it was.  Most of us said a prayer for Isreal and Tom (BlindedByScience) and they made it back all the way to Jersey without losing their hearing to Gary's booming techno music.  Guys, please let us know you made it ok.

NewburghBrewery.jpg

Tomthirtysix and I stayed up in Newburgh after the herf and decided to drop in and check out Newburgh Brewing's joint.  It was a neat old warehouse or factory that they restored.  Great selection of beers and food (except for the spruce one. I'm sorry if you read this Paul, but that shit just ain't right).  If this place were but a mere 1500 miles closer to me, I would live there.  If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend trying this place out.  It's top notch.

Great pics. Had an awesome time with you guys!!