• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th

Thank you for an amazing day Charlie, I loved every second of it. The food, drink, cigars, great company and even the weather was PERFECT!!

Thank you, thank you , thank you. You did an awesome Job.

Rob, I want to see your new humidor once it's filled!

Charlie,

I know that I already told you this, but THANK YOU for such an awesome day! It must have been a tremendous amount of work for you, and it paid off. The day was awesome. Once again thank you.

It was great to see you all and congrats on all of your gives you landed. Contact Bill (Humidor Minister) on the care of the beautiful ashtray he donated as far as taking care of it and all....... :thumbs:

Thank you for an amazing day Charlie, I loved every second of it. The food, drink, cigars, great company and even the weather was PERFECT!!

Thank you, thank you , thank you. You did an awesome Job.

Rob, I want to see your new humidor once it's filled!

It was my pleasure Scott and I too want to see humidor (Aristocrat MINI) full once it arrives....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Sounds like another excellent herf, Charlie you da man! I'm just sorry I missed my first QSH and all my friends.

Thanks Charlie for pitting this event together. It was my first and it was a great time. So good in fact that Elliot, Steve, Rob, myself and my two guests found ourselves being the last to leave. Looking forward to next year's event.

What another fantastic event put on by our own StogieMan, Charlie Baranyai..The Host with the Most!

DSC00984.jpg

We were situated in a beautiful park with a lake, horseshoe pits, basketball courts, poll structures for shade to set up tables, and BBQ grills doting the landscape!

DSC00989.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

HorseShoes.jpg

HorseShoes2.jpg

WE had some great food headed up by Sean Keever and his crew, The World Famous Big Guns BBQ Team...2 kind of ribs, brisket, pork & beans, potato salad, coleslaw...you name it, they cooked it!

TheBigGunsBBQCrew.jpg

The nice folks from Nat Sherman had this awesome traveling mini humidor that sat on the back of a John Deere landscape cart. They were so generous as they gave out some of Nat Sherman's best!

NatShermanCrew.jpg

Charlie started off the Charity Raffles with a microphone this year...as opposed to yelling last year in a parking lot with snow and freezing rain...but he still almost lost his voice!

OurHost.jpg

Charlie's lovely assistant who drew the winning tickets from a box...who, by the way, was recently asked for her hand in marriage at FIRST BASE AT YANKEE STADIUM, HOME OF THE 27 TIME WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES!

TheRaffleGirl.jpg

Charlie's other assistants who handed out the prizes to the lucky winners...

CharliesHelpers-1.jpg

Here are pictures of the various Vendors who attended the big event and generously donated cigars and accessories...

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

..and everyone knows Eddie Ortega...who managed to say a few words in between drinking and eating like he was going to the electric chair at midnight!

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

WHAT a Day !!!!!!! Charlie, YOU DA MAN !!!! HooooooAHHHHHH.Thank you for organizing such an incredible event. It's a great cause and I'm humbled to be able to participate at any level. Everyone treated this newbie like I've been around forever and THAT I truly appreciated. I met so many people I'll never remember them all but they'll remember me I'm sure, since I walked away from the "give aways" with so much stuff it took 2 of us to carry it all. HAD to be beginners luck, man. An absolutely wonderful day all the way around. Round Pond is an awesome facility. How ' bout that food ?!?!?!?! If anyone left the herf hungry .......... it's their own fault. Really tasty BBQ - Thanks Sean and hope you finished up high in the rankings in today's Ulster County Competition - You work your butts off and do an amazing job. Hats off to The Big Guns.

Already looking forward to next year !!

...and they gave away some really nice prizes...

DSC00988.jpg

Also giving out a nice prize was Mitch Serlin of Hope for Heroes. They help disabled Military Vets, Police, EMT, and Fire personal recapture their ability to play sports and generally get back to as close of a normal Life as possible. If you'd like to help them them out or make a donation, you can contact Mitch at...mserlin@heroeshope.org...great people!

HopeforHeroesCrew-1.jpg

One of the biggest winners of the day was Mark, Louie D's son-in-law...aka: The Rule Breaker!

Having met Mark I can tell you he is a really great guy and it became apparent early on that Louie put in the good word for him up there :laugh:

We all miss you Lou!

MarkTheRuleBreaker.jpg

Here is some of the rest of the crew that attended this years event...

DSC01015.jpg

Even my son Anthony won a box of cigars!

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

What a day! Thanks again to Charlie's efforts in putting this whole thing together, we all had a great time!

See you all next year ;)

Hey Ironpeddler... Great pictures! Thanks for documenting a great day.

Congratulations Mark and the same to everyone. Looks like it was once again, an incredible event. Charlie, you are one helluva guy. My hat's off to you for all your effort. Looks like it was a fantastic time for everyone. Please be sure to let me know the date for the next one. I'll crank up the lathe again for sure. Of course the most important thanks here must go to our incredible soldiers who fight for our freedom. God bless each one of you and thank you.
Next time if I can, I'd like to buy some raffle tickets if I can w/o being present. Of course you can exclude me from the ashtray. Maybe I can give Rob a run for his money. (Ok maybe that's wishful thinking.)

Hey Charlie, They just get better and better every year. I think you found your groove with this HERF thing! Thanks again for putting together a greeat event for a great cause. Thanks to all that helped bring it together. Here are a few pictures from my cell.

20110820125636.jpg

Swag

20110820101654.jpg

Charlie handing out some sticks.

20110820101711.jpg

Before the festivities.

201108201022031.jpg

There goes that Nat Sherman humidor again!

201108191935501.jpg

My home for the weekend. About 100 yards from the HERF.

What humidor? :whistling: ???
:laugh:

Thanks Charlie for putting together a great event and rigging the raffle for me again!
Thanks to the fabulous and generous donations from all over the cigar world.

We missed our buddy Anthony due to some silly retirement party ;) .
We also were missing our friends Tom - hudsonvalley and of course LouieD.

Looking forward to next year!

-Rob

<snip>Thanks Charlie for putting together a great event and rigging the raffle for me <snip>

+1 :whistling:

Seemed like there were a lot of folks from CigarPass at QSH, so I thought I'd drop in to thank everyone for the rousing rendition of "Oh Canada" (Y'all must watch the odd hockey game ... :cool: ). Also, no issues at the border - I was through in under a minute. I told the customs officer about the event and what I was bringing back (way more tobacco than allowed), and he said, "Okay, you can go." :thumbs:

- Craig, the guy from Canada, eh.

<snip>Thanks Charlie for putting together a great event and rigging the raffle for me <snip>

+1 :whistling:

Seemed like there were a lot of folks from CigarPass at QSH, so I thought I'd drop in to thank everyone for the rousing rendition of "Oh Canada" (Y'all must watch the odd hockey game ... :cool: ). Also, no issues at the border - I was through in under a minute. I told the customs officer about the event and what I was bringing back (way more tobacco than allowed), and he said, "Okay, you can go." :thumbs:

- Craig, the guy from Canada, eh.

I mean really, what are the chances of a strip search both directions? :laugh:

Hats off to Charlie, indeed.

Will

Big thanks to Charlie for organizing another memorable herf! The event was so terrific it took me a few days to recover before posting! As usual, I had a blast with old friends and new ones. Looking forward to next year!

Thanks Charlie & to all who helped make this another great event. I know that Mike, Nick, Bill & myself always look forward to this event and what it stands for. BTW Jeff is still pissed that he could not make it.

I wanted to officially thank all the guests that came out to make this a great event. Also, I wanted to give a big shout out to all of the supporters to sending us so much great stuff (cigars, coffee, swag along with soda, beer and wine). We raised nearly $10,000 which is amazing considering that the first Quad State Herf raised just under $500. I did talk with the front office at Nat Sherman's Cigars and Joel Sherman is planning on coming up here to West Point soon and writing another check to the Warrior Transition Unit as well. All in all, it was an amazing event, I think the best we've had so far. Thanks again and I can hardly wait till next year....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hey Charlie, They just get better and better every year. I think you found your groove with this HERF thing! Thanks again for putting together a greeat event for a great cause. Thanks to all that helped bring it together. Here are a few pictures from my cell.

20110820125636.jpg

Swag

20110820101654.jpg

Charlie handing out some sticks.

20110820101711.jpg

Before the festivities.

201108201022031.jpg

There goes that Nat Sherman humidor again!

201108191935501.jpg

My home for the weekend. About 100 yards from the HERF.

Thanks for updating the pictures Jeff, I see you are startin' to figure out how to use imageshack.us. I love the shot of the Nat Sherman Gator by the way........ :thumbs: