• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question. I see a lot of posts about Vinotemp. Why...

Les Nessman

the preference over say Edgestar?

They seem quite similar but the Edgestar appears to be less expensive. Just wondering if there was something to it.

Edgestar

Vinotemp

The vino 28 was available at Target at a good price. Even better when they were closing them out.

I've done alot of searching on the EdgeStar and haven't found anything negative posted on any forums or Googling. I had actually ordered the 28 and canceled after reviewing my finances, but now I see it's even cheaper than last week.

Could you keep me posted on this as well,I may go that route for the summer I dont have cental air so my only other option to keep my smokes cool would be the basement.

Thanks
Tony

My next will be an Edgestar, because the Vino 28's are becoming harder and harder to find in this area.

Not much difference between the two.

I have a Urbina 28 bottle cooler from overstock.com a year and a half ago for $71 shipped. I think the guys here and I ran them out of stock pretty quickly.They are back to $249 now.

Urbina 28

I like that teak racks are available for the Edgestar---those and a pound of beads and you're done. :thumbs:

~Boar

Vinotemp ran a special from Feb. 1 thru Feb. 14 on the 28
bottle unit. Since I was looking for more storage, anyway,
their $199 delivered offer was hard to beat. Consider that
a Havana Footlocker runs over $100 + s/h, for about $75
more I got enough room for maybe 20 boxes. I still keep
my 150ct for super premiums, but the Vino is working very
well, so even the Opuses, PAMs and Cien Anos may go in
for the summer.

Like someone said above, a pound of beads, a couple of
hygros and a shelf or three you're done. Very easy to take
care of so far.(~2 months)

Chemyst :cool:

Pros: Looks.
Cons: Craftsmanship and reliability.
Other Thoughts: This is a terrible device. This first one I received arrived with multiple manufacturing flaws and newegg was kind enough to exchange for another. The next one arrived and worked for 3 months and quit. The compressor runs, but it won't cool. Newegg refused to return the product and the manufacturer (who only has an email contact) refused to communicate. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BRAND! I learned the hard way. And a big thanks to Newegg, for avoiding accountability for shoddy products and leaving the customer with the cost, burden, and zero help from the manufacturer.

Only thing that would worry me.

Other Thoughts: This is a terrible device. This first one I received arrived with multiple manufacturing flaws and newegg was kind enough to exchange for another. The next one arrived and worked for 3 months and quit. The compressor runs, but it won't cool. Newegg refused to return the product and the manufacturer (who only has an email contact) refused to communicate. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BRAND! I learned the hard way. And a big thanks to Newegg, for avoiding accountability for shoddy products and leaving the customer with the cost, burden, and zero help from the manufacturer.

That is the ONLY reason I did not buy that device. The reviews for the 21 bottle Vinotemp aren't that much better, but mostly they are referring to the cosmetic shape of the device when it arrives, and that I can deal with.

Well the problem with the statement in there is that "the compressor broke". Umm its thermo Electric cooling. It does not have a compressor Half of the negitive reviews i saw on this product on other pages makes me think that these people believe it should be as cold as a regular fridge when they want it to be.

That's 1 review out of the 4 posted. I think that for just over $30 I can bring myself to find more comfort in the EdgeStar 28, which seems to have all kinds of good feedback. Plus I like black and the available wood racks.

Shame THIS ONE isn't on sale. It's much better looking IMHO.
That's the 28 bottle with almost $300 worth (???) of wood around it and no free shipping. I DO agree though! That's much nicer looking.

I Do agree that one is much nicer looking. But i got mine from Ebay for a local pickup from Best Buy outlet store on Ebay for a grand total of $66. not going to complain.

In case anybody's interested...the price keeps dropping on that 28 bottle EdgeStar. Under $200 shipped