• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question

Rocketman

I have a question that probably has popped up on here a number of times before, but it's not jumping out at me, so I will ask it. Looking to understand the legality of CCs in our country for personal use. I know that during Mr. Obama's last term some of the restrictions loosened so that Americans could travel and also bring into the US CCs, up to a limited quantity. I know they still cannot be sold commercially in the US, but if a fellow had a personal collection from travels abroad accumulated over time, and came to the point that he felt the need to divest himself of some of it (yeah I know, perish the thought :) ), what would be the legality of selling those to other private parties, not as a business but simply as person to person private transactions? Asking for a friend.

I have a question that probably has popped up on here a number of times before, but it's not jumping out at me, so I will ask it. Looking to understand the legality of CCs in our country for personal use. I know that during Mr. Obama's last term some of the restrictions loosened so that Americans could travel and also bring into the US CCs, up to a limited quantity. I know they still cannot be sold commercially in the US, but if a fellow had a personal collection from travels abroad accumulated over time, and came to the point that he felt the need to divest himself of some of it (yeah I know, perish the thought :) ), what would be the legality of selling those to other private parties, not as a business but simply as person to person private transactions? Asking for a friend.

Is this an indirect way of saying you have CCs you want us to buy but don't meet the requirements for the BST forum, yet? What is the provenance of your friend's CCs?

Last edited:
Man what a tough crowd. Course I have read some of the threads, this place does seem to attract con men. Did I offer to sell anyone anything? It's a simple question really. Is it legal or not?

Man what a tough crowd. Course I have read some of the threads, this place does seem to attract con men. Did I offer to sell anyone anything? It's a simple question really. Is it legal or not?
No

I would say to come back in ten years, introduce yourself, and ask again.

It's illegal for a private individual to sell tobacco products, regardless of place of origin. USA, Cuba, Mars - doesn't matter. Without a reseller license, you can't sell tobacco anything.

Thank you for the answers. Please accept my apologies if my remarks came across wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I know that the members here have been a part of this forum for a very long time, have tons of experience and I look forward to learning all I can if you are willing to share your knowledge with me. Best regards, Tom

Thank you for the answers. Please accept my apologies if my remarks came across wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I know that the members here have been a part of this forum for a very long time, have tons of experience and I look forward to learning all I can if you are willing to share your knowledge with me. Best regards, Tom
Post an introduction, interact, and have fun.

And no, you didn't offer to sell anything but if someone walked up to you and said "excuse me, do you want to buy a watch?" even though they didn't offer to sell you anything, you would have a funny feeling what is coming next. :cool:

Thank you. You are right. I did make an introduction back in November when I signed on, but haven't been as active as I'd like. I can see how it must have looked. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Regards. Tom

Thank you. You are right. I did make an introduction back in November when I signed on, but haven't been as active as I'd like. I can see how it must have looked. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Regards. Tom
So what did you smoke yesterday?

So what did you smoke yesterday?
I am more of a weekender so truthfully nothing yesterday. Last cigar I had was a Le Hoyo du Maire. I tend to prefer the smaller ring gauges. Panatelas and small Panatelas. Some of the Petite Coronas as well like Siglo II. What did you smoke recently if I may ask?

Thanks for that Tom, and you are correct, we are a family with a strong bond, and we look forward to your contribution as you learn and grow in your knowledge here with us.