• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questionable Partagas Shorts

BahamaTom

I just received a box of Partagas Shorts, and I immediately got the feeling they were less than authentic... First, there were two warranty seals on the box, one over the other... Hmmm... I peeled off the one on top to find the second had the numbered stamp cut out of it in a perfect square... Double Hmmm... The Partagas sticker in the middle was also doubled-up... Inside, the cigars looked a bit rough (not necessarily a bogus trait...), the smell was pleasing, and the bands looked very good... the triple caps were evident, although overall the caps were not uniform in shape... I immediately smoked one to find that it wasn't great, reminding me somewhat of a Dominican Monte #4...

My source has always been good to me, and I hate to think they rooked me on such an inexpensive box...

With the info above, please share your thoughts...

Thanks in advance,

BT

Now I'm not an expert but I think the double seal thing is NOT a sign of fakes. Someone help me out here......

I think Party Shorts absolutely SUCK so if I were you, I'd look at RASCCs or SC El Principes and even BCJs as alternatives if you like the minuto vitola.

Sorry to hear about your questionable smokes. :(

Can you post any pictures of the cigars, box, seal, and codes off the botton of the box.

With those you will be able to get help here from the people that know.

Hey there,
Some time ago I posted something similar that my buddy had gone through. From a reliable source he received Magnum 46s. The ring size was 48 with a feint "green" smell.

The over all consensus was - smoke one. If you know your ISOMs, the answer is in the smoke itself.

Good luck,
Darren

Now I'm not an expert but I think the double seal thing is NOT a sign of fakes. Someone help me out here......

I think Party Shorts absolutely SUCK so if I were you, I'd look at RASCCs or SC El Principes and even BCJs as alternatives if you like the minuto vitola.
Usually, they're not. But nowadays..

It's called REVISADO. Usually it means that somewhere along the lines Habanos had re-checked the box in question. Sometimes it will have a second date stamp on it, but that's not allways the case.

Again, nothing wrong with a dbl. warrnaty seal.

Bill's right about the RASCC. Much better than Party shorts.

Were there two Habanos chevrons sealing the corner of the cabinet? What was the serial number on the top warrantee seal? (Seems that they sometimes, but not always start with XX or XY on rechecked boxes) And does the box have a second date code, or the word "REVISADO" on the bottom?

Sounds, as has been mentioned, that these were reinspected. The double chevron is the only one of the things on the list above that would have to be there - Unless the first one was peeled off. :rolleyes:

Not an exact science, this...

From the limited amount of information - I would say the ARE probably real - for the reasons stated about.

If you JUST got them and smoked one....let them sit for a few days...then try it. If you are not satisfied - return them to the vendor!

Welcome...Enjoy the Ride!!

Well, you all made me feel a bit better... I will let them sit and try another in a week or so...

To answer some of the questions, there is not 2 chevron Habanos seals on the top right of the cabinet, just one...the serial number on the top warranty seal is EZ011441... there is only one date code, and there is no Revisado on the box anywhere...there is, however, two X's on the bottom each written in different pen inks...?

Anyway, many of you here have raved about the Parti Shorts, so I blame you for this purchase... :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate it very much, and i am sure my source appreciates it, too...

BT

I've never heard of the original warranty serial number being cut out prior to applying the revisado seal sticker. That's unusual. It is possible that the original seal had an f'd up serial number (due to printing) and that a second was applied. Has anyone else seen Revisado serial numbers beginning with "E?" So far, all I've seen are "X" and "Y."

What was this Partagas sticker in the middle that was doubled up? Was this a dressed box, then?

Pictures would be helpful. Seals, box codes, cedar divider, cigars/bands.

You might consider PM'ing me with your source.

Wilkey

PS. I recently brought in a SLB of Party Shorts and even off the truck, they were delicious little firecrackers.

I've never heard of the original warranty serial number being cut out prior to applying the revisado seal sticker. That's unusual. It is possible that the original seal had an f'd up serial number (due to printing) and that a second was applied. Has anyone else seen Revisado serial numbers beginning with "E?" So far, all I've seen are "X" and "Y."

What was this Partagas sticker in the middle that was doubled up? Was this a dressed box, then?

Pictures would be helpful. Seals, box codes, cedar divider, cigars/bands.

You might consider PM'ing me with your source.

Wilkey

PS. I recently brought in a SLB of Party Shorts and even off the truck, they were delicious little firecrackers.

If I'm not mistaken - there is a difference between being checked a second time and 'Revisado'. I'll have to 'search'! I thought Revisado was done when the item was shipped back to the maufacturer from a vendor, due to 'issues'. The non-revisado check was done in the factory BEFORE shipping to a vendor....and that has a second seal (and mine have been w/o the 'x').

<edit - sp>

Revisado is done in Cuba. Controllado is done at the regional distributors' sites.

Wilkey

Wilkey- I sent you a PM. I will see about posting some pics tonight. I removed the warranty seals (I was nervous/curious), but everything else is as I received it... Thanks again for your input all.

Regards,

BT

I wanted a cigar with 15-20 minutes of smoke time, and I thought these would be a good choice. I may try your recommendations Coventry, after I choke these down... Thanks.

BT

does the box have a small braas clasp on it if so see who made the clasp. The clasps are all made by the same fim schmall in germany. The double warranty thing is not uncommon. I am for sure not an expert but about all we can get over here is cubans so i have purchased a box or two in the past not that particular vitol though.

does the box have a small braas clasp on it if so see who made the clasp. The clasps are all made by the same fim schmall in germany. The double warranty thing is not uncommon. I am for sure not an expert but about all we can get over here is cubans so i have purchased a box or two in the past not that particular vitol though.

Double D- It is a dress box, and has no clasp. The top is nailed down. Thanks for the thought and suggestion...

BT

Dale,
I have recently come into possession of a box that is almost 100% certain to be genuine and it has the Italy brooch. ??? I've also received a box of fakes with a brooch from a third country. Hopefully I will be posting some comparo pictures soon.

Tom,
I got your PM and am responding.

Wilkey

OK... Here are my babies... You know, they sure do look beautiful now that I look at them with loving eyes... :D
P9270002.jpg

P9270003.jpg

P9270006.jpg

P9270007.jpg

BT