• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questionable Partagas Shorts

I found, in my "limited" experience with these cigars, that the variations between vintages can be big. One box is very tasty, the next is not so good. This is more than in some of the other brands noted in the same size. Just my humble opinion. So, since the variation is big, it may be safer to try another route in the future.

BTW, I have seen (second hand of course) a couple of oddities in the last 4 months with Habanos. While overseas, a friend of mine had a box sent to him from a vendor that is well known (I had witnessed this while overseas of course) and the yellow ribbon in a cab of Punch Churhills read "Partagas Luisitania". The another box he received from the same esteemed vendor of Bolivar PC's had the printing on the lid sideways (horizontal) rather than vertical. I dunno. Of course my friend (a foreign national in his home country) was skeptical, but the cigars tasted great (again according to my friend who lives in a country other than where I do). I would suspect (given my limited knowledge of Habanos as the only exposure I have is when my friends purchase the cigars legally and then let me try one that they bought with their own country's currency) that the cigars were legit.

edited for redundancies (cause I said something twice)

BTW, I have seen (second hand of course) a couple of oddities in the last 4 months with Habanos. While overseas, a friend of mine had a box sent to him from a well known vendor that is well known (I had witnessed this while overseas of course) and the yellow ribbon in a cab of Punch Churhills read "Partagas Luisitania". The another box he received from the same esteemed vendor of Bolivar PC's had the printing on the lid sideways (horizontal) rather than vertical. I dunno. Of course my friend (a foreign national in his home country) was skeptical, but the cigars tasted great (again according to my friend who lives in a country other than where I do). I would suspect (given my limited knowledge of Habanos as the only exposure I have is when my friends purchase the cigars legally and then let me try one that they bought with their own country's currency) that the cigars were legit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if I was drinking a soda it would be all over the keyboard right now.

:cool:

BTW, I have seen (second hand of course) a couple of oddities in the last 4 months with Habanos. While overseas, a friend of mine had a box sent to him from a vendor that is well known (I had witnessed this while overseas of course) and the yellow ribbon in a cab of Punch Churhills read "Partagas Luisitania". The another box he received from the same esteemed vendor of Bolivar PC's had the printing on the lid sideways (horizontal) rather than vertical. I dunno. Of course my friend (a foreign national in his home country) was skeptical, but the cigars tasted great (again according to my friend who lives in a country other than where I do). I would suspect (given my limited knowledge of Habanos as the only exposure I have is when my friends purchase the cigars legally and then let me try one that they bought with their own country's currency) that the cigars were legit.

edited for redundancies (cause I said something twice)

:D :D :D

Way to start my morning out with a chuckle.

Thanks, gar.

Wilkey

Is that wax paper? Did that comes in the box or did you put that in?

Are you taliking about the wax paper strip in the shorts box?

If you are (again based on my limited experience in seeing cigars that friends of mine purchased legally in countries other than my own) those are in most all boxes and he would not have put that in there.

I heard that strip of wax paper was to keep the low grade ink used on fake bands from bleeding duing shipment. :laugh:

Just kidding.

Now I'm not an expert but I think the double seal thing is NOT a sign of fakes. Someone help me out here......

I think Party Shorts absolutely SUCK so if I were you, I'd look at RASCCs or SC El Principes and even BCJs as alternatives if you like the minuto vitola.

Bill's right about the RASCC. Much better than Party shorts.

Hey!! RASCC's are hard enough to find as it is...

Just kidding... they are my favorite small isom.

Back