• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quick Mac question...

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
When OS X goes from it's current version to Leopard, is that a free upgrade or do you have to pay for something like that? I am considering getting a new iMac but am unsure if I should to wait until Leopard is released so I don't have to pay for an upgrade. Forgive me if this is a silly question :blush:

I'm sure you'll pay. Major OS revisions haven't been free since the 9's IIRC. You could wait, but if you've got need for a computer now, I wouldn't hesitate. You're probably looking at $140-ish for the upgrade. Moki probably has better information.

Wilkey

Found my answer. Thanks

When OS X goes from it's current version to Leopard, is that a free upgrade or do you have to pay for something like that? I am considering getting a new iMac but am unsure if I should to wait until Leopard is released so I don't have to pay for an upgrade. Forgive me if this is a silly question :blush:

You'll pay, but depending on when you got the computer, you'll get a discount. Worst case, the high price is $99, so it's not so bad.