• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quiz for the old guys

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
For the bragging rights. Its actually pretty easy for for our seasoned Brothers. Feel free to add your own.

1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What?

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on what TV show?

3. "Get your kicks, ___________________."

4. "The story you are about to see if true. The names have been changed___________________."

5. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."

6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the _____________.

7. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best _______________."

8. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his
television show by saying, "Good Night, and _______________".

11. Some who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their____________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What
other names did it go by?

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died" This was a tribute to who?

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called what?

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our
waist. What was it called?

1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What?
A silver bullet

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on what TV show?
The Ed Sullivan Show

3. "Get your kicks, on route 66."

4. "The story you are about to see if true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

5. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight."

6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the Limbo.

7. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best chocolate."

8. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was Louis armstrong.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? A Timex watch

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named Freddy the Freeloader and Red always ended his
television show by saying, "Good Night, and may God Bless".

11. Some who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their bra's.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What
other names did it go by? Bug, Beatle, Type I

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died" This was a tribute to who? Buddy Holly

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called what? Sputnik

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our
waist. What was it called? Hula Hoop

You suck for making me feel old ...... :laugh:

:cool:

....who are you calling OLD, bucco...??... :laugh: What the hell, I'll play....

-> His mask, and a town full of pillage and plunder.... :laugh:

-> Ed Sullivan

-> "...on Route 66...."

4. "The story you are about to see if true. The names have been changed___________________."
-> "....to protect the innocent...."

-> "The lion sleeps tonight"

6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the _____________.
-> The Limbo

-> "...chocolaaaaate..!!!..."

8. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
-> Louis Armstrong

-> A Timex...! "...here, watch me strap this to this outboard motor....."

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his
-> "...may God Bless...."

-> Draft cards. I was too young for that, but a bunch of buddies older brothers got in on that action....

-> The bug, the beetle, etc....

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died" This was a tribute to who?
-> Buddy Holly

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called what?
-> Sputnik

-> The hula hoop

Cheers - B.B.S.

Edit - "Norky Dorky" beat me to it...... :sign:

I know what you mean - I'd have said panties. For you younuns, they actually burned their draft cards.

A silver bullet

The Ed Sullivan Show

3. "Get your kicks, on route 66."

4. "The story you are about to see if true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

5. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight."

6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the Limbo.

7. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best chocolate."

8. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was Louis armstrong.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? A Timex watch

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named Freddy the Freeloader and Red always ended his
television show by saying, "Good Night, and may God Bless".

11. Some who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their bra's.

other names did it go by? Bug, Beatle, Type I

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died" This was a tribute to who? Buddy Holly

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called what? Sputnik

waist. What was it called? Hula Hoop

You suck for making me feel old ...... :laugh:

:cool:
I may be wrong but I am sure they said "This Silver Bullet" (question 1)

I don't remember any of this stuff. :sign:

Doc.

That sucks, I can finally answer all the questions and you bastages beat me to it. :sign:

What sux is that I easily answered them all and the thread is titled "Quiz for the old guys" :(

Yes, the Lone Ranger answer would be a Silver Bullit and the Vietnam protesters burned their draft cards. It was the Womens Lib movement that they burned bra's.

Ahhhhhh....Freddy the Freeloader..... I knew it, I just couldn't remember the name. Good ol Red Skelton. They sure don't make em like that anymore in the entertainment world.

Ummmm, of course all of this information was shared with me by my grandmother. :whistling:

Nice quiz............I feel really old.................my daughter could answer only 2 questions........they were easy for me.
I do enjoy seeing Red Skelton reruns...............and often wonder what people(media) would say if a show host in these times signed of with " Good night, and may Gold bless" ..................

Here is a few more.

How's spy plane was shot down over Russia?

What did Krushchev pound at the U.N.?

Here is a few more.

How's spy plane was shot down over Russia? Francis Gary Powers U2 spyplane

What did Krushchev pound at the U.N.? His shoe

Ahhhhhh....Freddy the Freeloader..... I knew it, I just couldn't remember the name. Good ol Red Skelton. They sure don't make em like that anymore in the entertainment world.

For a liitle trip down Memory Lane with Red Skeleton, check this link out. :thumbs:

Silver Bullet

Ed Sullivan Show

On Route 66

To protect the innocent

The lion sleeps tonight

Limbo

Chooooclaaaaate

Louis Armstrong

Timex

Clem Kadiddlehopper, God Bless (?)

Draft cards

Bug, pregnant roller skate

Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper

Sputnik

Hula Hoop

I think I am off on a couple, but hell, I am only 41 :)

Who said "Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are?"