• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Radioshack Wireless Hygrometer

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Does anyone have model #63-1089

indoor/outdoor thermometer and hygro sensor?

I just received mine and so far it seems to be pretty accurate.

And i like the real large display on the main unit..

Thumbs up for another quality Hygrometer from radio shack :thumbs:

Don't have the 1089 but I do have the older 1030 which is 100% dead on accurate, after multiple testings. Do love the large reading numbers I can see form across the room!

yeah, like Swissy, I've got the 1030. I bought two extra remote sensors to go with it, and all of them seem to be pretty darn spot-on, reading in with less than 1% RH and 1 degree F variance between the three of them. :thumbs:

I bought the Radio Shack 1030 and the sensor was off by +-10%. Plus, the main unit is uglier than sin. Back to the store with it, got me a Oregon Scientific setup. Very attractive, and the sensors are all within 1%. I found on eBay for the price of a sensor, you can get an entire base unit with sensoer included. So far I have two base units and two sensors, so I can check conditions throughout the house...

JK

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up either the 1089 or 1030 at Radio Shack but I wasn't sure how well they worked. After reading all the good reports I think now I have to go pick one up for myself.

seems i have the 1030 like most... not a bad unit, i dont need the atomic clock though. no problems and calibrates minus 1% RH (within specs)

I ended up getting the 1089 because seems like 1030 has been discontinued.. :(

alexgtp said:
[snapback]185837[/snapback]​
True that the 1030 has been discontinued. One can, however, still order them from Radio Shack's website here.
It looks like the 1089 has a couple more bells and whistles than the 1030, such as date and time display, but it has a maximum reading distance (from the remote sensors) of 100', where the 1030 was good up to 300'.

Eh.
As long as the RH and temp readings are accurate, it's all good!

(though the 1030 is $10 cheaper than the 1089)

puffnstuff said:
alexgtp said:
[snapback]185837[/snapback]​
True that the 1030 has been discontinued. One can, however, still order them from Radio Shack's website here.
It looks like the 1089 has a couple more bells and whistles than the 1030, such as date and time display, but it has a maximum reading distance (from the remote sensors) of 100', where the 1030 was good up to 300'.

Eh.
As long as the RH and temp readings are accurate, it's all good!

(though the 1030 is $10 cheaper than the 1089)
[snapback]185847[/snapback]​

What the hell.

I ordered mine online also from this website. And it had none of the 1030 in stock..All it said was PLease check local stores for the 1030.. And it listed a cple stores locally..LOL!!

Anyways the corporation paid for my 1089 ??? I needed a thermometer for my office because of all the special equipment I keep in here that is temperature sensitive..
Or so I said.. :whistling:

alexgtp said:
Anyways the corporation paid for my 1089 ??? I needed a thermometer for my office because of all the special equipment I keep in here that is temperature sensitive..
Or so I said.. :whistling:

haha! :laugh:

Nice job, Alex! :thumbs:

Gotta take care of that "special equipment", right? ;)

if anyone wants a 1030 PM me... I have a spare I bought at my local RS store when they had a couple there!

I just bought the now discontinued and on sale Radio Shack Wireless Hygrometer/Thermometer(63-1089). Tomorrow I go get the xtra remote sensors as the one with the main unit was out of stock(63-1092). Included sensor calibrated to 74%! Hopefully the xtra sensors will be as accurate.

Also found GREAT cedrela odorata(spanish cedar) at Woodcraft. OOzing lots of sap and mucho odorata! :p

I picked one up yesterday after seeing Hale's at his place. This thing is great. I have the wireless sensor in my cabinet humi right now. I am going to pick up a couple additional sensors for my other humidors.