• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ravens vs Steelers wager?

I don't know if I agree there was a bet here.

I have to disagree. If you (generally speaking) start a thread asking for a bet, and someone says "I'll take that action" (generally speaking), that is a bet. That is what happened here. If your bet was satisfied via PM, it's on you to say so in the thread you started looking for a bet. How was Cookie to know if there was a bet via PM or not? Cookie even gave him an out via PM, but with no response. This goes to CP mantra of "communication, communication, communication". If my say counted for anything, I would say this is a legit bet.

What Clint says is what CP is about.

He asked for a wager and got a response. Rob gave him an out via PM and he said ok to it. Now he is late on paying his debt. Communicate or you become known as a welcher!

Tony - Clint - I obviously agree with you two. I would like to know who in fact did PM him, and did they ever receive their sticks. As for the cigars I believe he owes on my bet - I would be happy if he would send the winnings to the troops. We will see if he ever responds either in this thread, or via PM

Did you tell him not to worry about it at any point?

From his posted PM, Phil:

Sent 23 January 2011 - 08:59 AM
If it is a problem, don't let it worry you.

More of an option in my opinion, but with no response, I'm not sure what you do. It looks like Stic2it was on yesterday.

Did you tell him not to worry about it at any point?

If you see above, I did give him the option. He has been on several times, but has not responded. As I have stated, the sticks can go to the troops. At this point, this is not about getting paid, this is about a lack of responsibility when you start a thread about a bet. Again, I sure would like to know who PM'd him within 20 minutes of him posting the bet, and did they ever get paid. I have won and lost several bets on CP and have never had a problem. This just smells of someone who was never planning on paying if he lost.

It is a legit bet.

Like moving a body part at an auction.

If I did the same thing at my sports bar I'd certainly be written down as taking a bet.

While I agree with you in spirit, with you giving him the out in writing I am not going to put him on the list. If he wasn't required to formally acknowledge accepting your bet he doesn't really needto formally accept you dismissing it. As I said, I agree with you in spirit... I think anyone here the knows me well will know my feelings on the importance of honoring bets. Personally I wont trade with the guy. BUT from a scumbag lst perspective you gave him an out and. It looks. Like he took it. If he consequently had replied and said " no, of course I will treat that bet as valid." we would have a different situation.

I remember Doc talking about having a personal scumbag list, Stic2it is now on most of ours I'm sure.

Guess I'm the man of the hour! Sticks sent, you should receive them soon. If you want to send them to the troops, so be it. Do what you will, bet or no bet you got the stick coming. Please just post on here when you get them so everyone knows this is done.

As everyone probably knows I haven't been on here in the last few months, things got busy. My log on is always on and I didn't log on. Maybe my wife clicked on the website, I don't know but I didn't. I replied to cookie before, explained my side, but was still meaning to send the sticks but forgot and I'm sorry for that.

As for being a scumbag, getting put on any list, you guys have to be the judge of that one. You make your decision and so be it. Never talked/met/smoked/chat with any of the people who posted in this thread and honestly wont lose any sleep over it.

I don't want to get into any confrontations, so this is all I will say on the matter. If you want to chat more on the matter, just email me at jamal.winston@us.army.mil because I will most likely not be on for a few weeks.

Again sorry for any confusion, cookie!

Sticks arrived yesterday. I will pack them up along with 5 from my humidor and ship them to the troops today.

stic2it - thanks for seeing this through.