• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Realistic/Good price for Box of Anejo's?

audilicious

I've found a couple places with boxes and wanted to know what a real decent price is.

I know what MSRP is, but truth be told, MSRP is nowhere to be found here. We have MSRP + 46% + B&M gouge tax.

I'm leaning towards 46's.

Thanks

I was at Siglo Cigar Lounge (Newport Beach) last Thursday and they had some 46's for $23 if I remember correctly.

I thought I remember reading that anyone who sells Fuente cigars are "not aloud" to sell them for higher than MSRP. I could be wrong, maybe just the Opus line. . .

Like that's gonna stop 'em lol

They are worth whatever folks are willing to pay for them. With these stupid rare, hard to buy Fuente's, it really boils down to how much pain you are willing to put up with.

Point being if someone can buy them all day for ten bucks a stick, but locally you can't find them for less than $25, is it worth it to you? That's really the only question to answer.

Having said that, I really object on philosophical grounds to feeding gougers. I won't do it, and I don't recommend you do it. Having said that, "....no choice is no choice...." and that's how it is. I'm pretty much over chasing Fuente holiday smokes. I have a few, and sure, I'll buy 'em when I can at or very close to MSRP, but the fact is that there are a ton of other cigars out there that are also fantastic smokes.

Good luck - B.B.S.

I'm updating the title to show that I'm looking for box pricing not just singles.

Last year I bought a couple 77's from Cohiba (local small chain in soCA) for $20, which isn't all that bad with tax, still not good, and for reference they were selling the esg churchill's for $40...

i have no issue paying $10-11 for 46's, it's worth it to me as i love 'em, i'm not gonna bicker over a dollar or two, and although i do not support gougers, i have no problem w/ folks that make some extra margin dollars on this extremely rare cigar, that's just good 'ol capitalism, when demand is greater than supply, it happens.

I paid $7.50 for 46's here in good 'ol Virginia - which is right around MSRP. Across the bridge in Maryland, I saw the same stick selling for $18.95.

Guess where I shop. :)

I'm updating the title to show that I'm looking for box pricing not just singles.

Last year I bought a couple 77's from Cohiba (local small chain in soCA) for $20, which isn't all that bad with tax, still not good, and for reference they were selling the esg churchill's for $40...
$20 at Cohiba isn't bad. The owner of that shop is also part owner of Siglo in Newport. Using the $40 ESG Robusto as reference? How about the $2200 Opus 22 set. LOL

David's only has them Fuente Holiday Gift Set with 2 Anejos.
Highlands has some of the long ones (not good with the numbers) for $26ish I believe.

Let me know if you find anything locally.

Stinki

PS. I have a handful of sharks (2005) and I'd be more then happy to trade you for something if you are in the neighborhood.

Siglo also had a Don Carlos Anni Humidor and when I asked how much the sticks were he told me $50 each but he really wanted to sell them as a whole with the humidor and travel humi. I think he wanted $2K for the the whole thing!

Siglo also had a Don Carlos Anni Humidor and when I asked how much the sticks were he told me $50 each but he really wanted to sell them as a whole with the humidor and travel humi. I think he wanted $2K for the the whole thing!
Bah, I'm pretty sure retail is $1250. We actually broke up the set and sold at $30 for robusto, $32 for toro and double corona. I dig the prometheous humidors though. Very well built with tight seals.

-edit for typo-

When I travel I do a search of B&M's near where I'll be and always check them out. Last year I was in Cincinnati Ohio and found 46's for $7.60. I picked up the box but was told they had a two sticks limit. I left with two. Last week I was back in Ohio again and went to the same store. No limit this year. They sold me 18 46's for $8.50 each, also picked up 12 50's for $9.something. They said they would have more in later in the week, but I was leaving that night. That was a good deal for me. At home I see $11.95 to $18.95 for 46's when they have them.

My B&M guy generally adds $ 2.00 per stick to the MSRP. Not bad considering that is for OPUS and Anejo.

]
Bah, I'm pretty sure retail is $1250. We actually broke up the set and sold at $30 for robusto, $32 for toro and double corona. I did the prometheous humidors though. Very well built with tight seals.

you can get the 30 cigars only for $1000, all of it for $1250, the humi and cigars (no travel humi) for $1100.

Bah, I'm pretty sure retail is $1250. We actually broke up the set and sold at $30 for robusto, $32 for toro and double corona. I did the prometheous humidors though. Very well built with tight seals.

I know all about the DC Ani Travel humi :whistling: :laugh:

I just purchased the following:

A.F. 858 S.G. (1 boxes)
Anejo #77 (1 box)
Anejo # 46 (1 box)
Anejo # 48 ( 2 boxes)
Opus Perf. X (1 box)
For around $1200 and change

I believe the 46's were $225, #77 $270.00, ect.

Theres a sticky in this forum with prices for Opus and anejo cigars, if you consider the post is close to 3 years old and add you factor in inflation then the post is damn accurate on pricing. If your paying more then your getting ripped.
During the summer months you can find Anejo sharks on the web going for as much as $40 each! Anejo's are plentiful right now as Fuente just released sh*t load of cigars for the holidays .

Rich