• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations for B&Ms in Boston Mass?

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
Howdy gang,
I attended Optometry school in Boston until 1994, and now I'm heading back but for a little r&r. If anyone can let me know any truly enjoyable B&Ms (preferably places that have smoking parlors and coffee) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Darren :blush:

Howdy gang,
I attended Optometry school in Boston until 1994, and now I'm heading back but for a little r&r. If anyone can let me know any truly enjoyable B&Ms (preferably places that have smoking parlors and coffee) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

As for B&Ms the best in town is LJ Perettis.

For smoking you have Cigar Masters, they will charge you a lighting fee. Curchills no fee and they serve beer and wine and Stanzis in the North End. They have full liquor and no lighting fee.

Howdy gang,

Thanks,

For smoking you have Cigar Masters, they will charge you a lighting fee. Curchills no fee and they serve beer and wine and Stanzis in the North End. They have full liquor and no lighting fee.

Reading things like this just makes me even more depressed about living in po-dunkington, usa. Can't even smoke in the bars for the most part, and nowhere that sells cigars.

Is there a smoking lounge at LJ Perettis?

Thanks for your information,
Darren

The B&M was a fine railroad. I don't think they're running any trains these days. :laugh:

Doc.

The B&M was a fine railroad. I don't think they're running any trains these days. :laugh:

Doc.

Certainlly was! :thumbs: I used to love the red, white and blue "State of Maine" potato box cars. :thumbs:

The B&M was controlled by the New York, New Haven and Hartford for a while.

Doc.

Certainlly was! :thumbs: I used to love the red, white and blue "State of Maine" potato box cars. :thumbs:
That was the Aroostook RR. Owned by the B&M

Doc.

Don't you mean Bangor and Aroostook? I don't think B&M ever owned BAR.

I also thought I remembered that quite a few railroad companies (like NY, NH & Hartford, B&M, etc.) had box cars painted with that paint scheme.

You're right about the BAR, it was never owned by the B&M, but connected to the Maine Central which was owned by the Boston and Maine. I never knew that the B&M was at one time controlled NY&NH. The history of the railroad in New England is a complicated one. At one time the B&M controlled the New Hampshire legislature and most of the state. It's a rather interesting story. By the way, I worked for the CPR on the Connecticut river line between Newport VT and Wells River, VT. in 1968.

Doc.