• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations for buying from Online websites

I picked up some Padrons from CigarAuction. Didn't steal them but I found them at 20% less or better than the places that sold them and actually had them in stock..CI lists most Padrons but actually carries at any one time a very select few.

I'm learning. One is to do your research before you hit the auctions site or you can pay more than you would if you simply bought them outright.
Take your time. Know what you're buying. I got in a hurry because the auction on the Padrons was closing in less than two minutes when I discovered the listing. I clicked to get the deal, not realizing I had bought naturals, instead of the maduros I normally order.

I still like JR I smoked a few of the JR LE Laguitos, at BBS's recommendation, and they are growing on me.

One other tip is never to buy from anyone that doesn't list and and answer their phones. Sometimes you get pleasantly surprised. I called Ortega and Eddie answered the phone himself. Was hoping that he would be offering longer smokes. It might be a while. He has his hands-full with launching his new company.

Here is what I got from CA.

CONGRATULATIONS! You've won the following on CigarAuctioneer.com The following item has been added to the order.
The Padron Sampler No. 88
1 SAM 1 Natural varies @ 27.00 27.00

CONGRATULATIONS! You've won the following on CigarAuctioneer.com
Padron Churchill 5 Pack
1 PACK 5 Natural 6 7/8 x 46 @ 22.00 22.00

CONGRATULATIONS! You've won the following on CigarAuctioneer.com
Plastic V Cutter
1 @ 1.00 1.00

I've ordered from Uptown_Isy, Keystone Raider, and Jack Schwartz (and Johnny Ortega) and every single experience has been awesome. Any screwups were my fault (gave Keystone Raider the wrong zip code once) and they're all really eager to help. I ordered a custom My Father sampler from Israel and got outstanding pricing, every cigar was flawless and his recommendations were exceptional. Jack Schwartz has some really good bundle deals on some high end/htf Arturo Fuente products from time to time and I've been really really happy about the value, the packaging, everything.

The only other place I buy cigars is from the Outlaw in Kansas city or BOTLs here at CP. I haven't placed a bit at the devils site or an order at CI, or Cigars.com et al in several years.

I don't know if anyone on here has heard of Holts cigar but they are a local cigar store near me (They are based out of Philly) I have ordered from them online and have been in there store. They were really friendly have great prices and were helpful. I started with thompson and I have to agree they suck. If I were you I would try out Holts. If anyone is from the Philly Area I would suggest heading up to the store it is real nice and they are really helpful. I've been to both locations and found the same thing with the staff plus they have good in store deals.

www.holts.com

has anyone NOT started with Thompson, . But i got to say I have my humidor thanks to them.

I've never even been to their website. CI, on the other hand... ???

I've found myself buying a lot of stuff from Atlantic cigar. Check em out.

I love CP. I read the question and then wondered, "How do I tell dcpeters that Thompson's sucks?" Then I read the first response from MIlesMingusMonks and thought "Now there's a clever way to put it." The only good thing I can say about Thompson's is that they send our soldiers boatloads of free cigars. I'm too new to CP to have experienced any of the group buys or sales. I've ordered from izzy at Uptown and his service and care of the cigars was outstanding.

The only good thing I can say about Thompson's is that they send our soldiers boatloads of free cigars.

Its nice but it has a downside; because Thompsons is all a lot of Soldiers know, Soldiers will proceed to buy from them, which is a mistake, IMHO. Its just advertising disguised as donations. Businesses like the Outlaw Cigar Company donate a lot of smokes to troops but all they expect in return are some happy snaps of the Forces smoking some cigars and enjoying themselves. B&Ms don't benefit the same way Thomson does from their donations so, though there is no such thing as true altruism, B&M's donations are a little farther down the continuum.

Anyone ever ordered from JR Cigars? They say they are the biggest online store there is. They have a couple of samplers I would like but I hesitate to order online.

Did you do the newbie sampler yet? Way better than anything you'd buy on there

I've ordered from CI, Famous (and Cigar Monster), and CBid. The only issue I've had was from CBid, and they replaced the cigars no questions asked. (It was 2 10 packs of CI Legends) A new one that I have found and like is www.jacigarsonline.com. They are in Louisiana, their shipping is fast, and they have great prices...especially on their clearance boxes.

Anyone ever ordered from JR Cigars? They say they are the biggest online store there is. They have a couple of samplers I would like but I hesitate to order online.
I started with JR. They're fine, but don't have much I smoke these days. I try to send my business to one of our retailers, then I check another, and if neither of them have what I'm looking for, only then do I order from one of the big guys, usually Atlantic.

I used to buy from Isy, but he never gave me good prices on Dunhill Signed Range, maybe if he amended himself, I could try to purchase from him again ;) :laugh: