• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations for Cuban Cohiba

joltikintokyo

Hi guys,

I really want to try a cigar from the Cuban version of the Cohiba brand. Does anybody have recommendations? Ideally something affordable and mild but I am open to anything

What is wrong with a Ghurka?
I’d recommend doing a lot of reading on here. Don’t worry about trying specific things at this point. Read read read. Then watch todays smoke thread for things to try. What you are asking for is very expensive and difficult to get ones that aren’t fake. Experience the rest of the hobby before worrying about something that specific

I’d recommend doing a lot of reading on here. Don’t worry about trying specific things at this point. Read read read. Then watch todays smoke thread for things to try. What you are asking for is very expensive and difficult to get ones that aren’t fake. Experience the rest of the hobby before worrying about something that specific
Do you have any specific threads that might help me learn some stuff? Ideally stuff like how to find flavour in cigars, how to use a humidor, and recommendations on cigars

Hi guys,

I really want to try a cigar from the Cuban version of the Cohiba brand. Does anybody have recommendations? Ideally something affordable and mild but I am open to anything

What’s affordable to you? Canadian prices are crazy, but see if you can find a Siglo I.

Yeah, I was thinking about the Siglo I but I can't find a website that will let me buy that AND ships to Canada AND doesn't have a minimum shopping order of like $100 :/ maybe I can check out some of the cigar shops in town and see if they have that or another Cohiba

Do you have any specific threads that might help me learn some stuff? Ideally stuff like how to find flavour in cigars, how to use a humidor, and recommendations on cigars
I am on my tablet so links are hard.

Read the last 50 posts under humidors
Read the last 30 pages of todays smoke
Read the last 15 pages cigar reviews

Learning to find flavors comes with time And experience. You can download a flavor wheel but just start relaxing and smoking. Add different drinks and focus on the cigar. Replied to your humidor thread already. That’s good advice if I do say so myself

Yeah, I was thinking about the Siglo I but I can't find a website that will let me buy that AND ships to Canada AND doesn't have a minimum shopping order of like $100 :/ maybe I can check out some of the cigar shops in town and see if they have that or another Cohiba
Make sure it’s a known and higher end shop. Otherwise you’ll end up with more fakes. That’s why I said forget that for now

I watched your Balmoral review. Your video reviews at this juncture are very premature. Your enthusiasm and zeal for your new hobby are understood. But you need to learn to walk before you can run. At this point, you're still in the womb.

Hopefully you're learning the common theme that has been presented to you numerous times now. Odds are, your questions and their respective answers, have already been asked here during this forum's 22 years of existence.

Again, we were all bit by the same bug that has bitten you.. we get the excitement you're feeling about cigars. The best thing you can do now to nurture your curiosity is to read anything and everything listed amongst these pages.

You seem well-intentioned and sincere in your words and actions thus far. Follow what the guys are saying above. It's the best way you can help yourself, AND... it's the best way we can help you right now.

Btw, my name is Dan. You may have said your name already, but would you mind refreshing me? Thanks and make sure to also keep sharing pics of your daily smokes or latest purchases. 👍

I am on my tablet so links are hard.

Read the last 50 posts under humidors
Read the last 30 pages of todays smoke
Read the last 15 pages cigar reviews

Learning to find flavors comes with time And experience. You can download a flavor wheel but just start relaxing and smoking. Add different drinks and focus on the cigar. Replied to your humidor thread already. That’s good advice if I do say so myself
Geez Chad! Way to go! Now she’ll have that flavor wheel and will be talking about talcum powder just like Jon.

I was having a good day! We were all having a good day!!!

If you live Canada your best bet is to go to a nice cigar shop and tell them what you like and which Cubans they would recommend for you. Bite the bullet and pay the price for 2-3 cigars since you will be getting the real deal assuming the cigar shop is reputable. Once you smoke those review them here and I am sure someone will be able to give you advice on next steps.

If you are new to cigars you will learn quite fast what most people here think of Gurkhas

I watched your Balmoral review. Your video reviews at this juncture are very premature. Your enthusiasm and zeal for your new hobby are understood. But you need to learn to walk before you can run. At this point, you're still in the womb.

Hopefully you're learning the common theme that has been presented to you numerous times now. Odds are, your questions and their respective answers, have already been asked here during this forum's 22 years of existence.

Again, we were all bit by the same bug that has bitten you.. we get the excitement you're feeling about cigars. The best thing you can do now to nurture your curiosity is to read anything and everything listed amongst these pages.

You seem well-intentioned and sincere in your words and actions thus far. Follow what the guys are saying above. It's the best way you can help yourself, AND... it's the best way we can help you right now.

Btw, my name is Dan. You may have said your name already, but would you mind refreshing me? Thanks and make sure to also keep sharing pics of your daily smokes or latest purchases. 👍
My name is Rosa. Do you have any ideas on how to improve my reviews or anything to read about that?

My name is Rosa. Do you have any ideas on how to improve my reviews or anything to read about that?
As has been said you could read some of these reviews , Watch other people's reviews. There are plenty of other review sites out there to read threw as well , half wheel comes to mind off the top of my head.

Pretty sure it has been said read read read

Hello,

fellow Canadian here. We are lucky that they are very easy to come by in Canada vs our American friends. However you are looking at an expensive hobby. One thing to consider, when you buy from a shop in Canada they do also sell by phone and online retail so they are often over humid and need to dry out a bit otherwise if you buy then smoke right away, you will probably end up with a bitter uneven burn on a cigar.

Is there a reason you want to specifically smoke Cohibas? Sure they are fantastic but you are paying a lot for the Cohiba name. When you can get an excellent Monte, or Romeo Churchill for a lower price.

If you choose Cohiba, I can say I have enjoyed the Siglo IV it is a favorite of mine.

Here is a list of my Go too Cirgars that are easy to obtain in Canada

Money #1
Monety #2
Romeo Churchill Wide
Cohiba Siglo IV

Becoming difficult to obtain Punch Punch

Please let me know if you have any questions.