• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Remember When They Tried to Pass These Off...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
...as Super Premium cigars a while back? To the tune of $20+ per stick... :rolleyes:

LINK

Anyone ever smoke one?...are they worth 4 bucks? :whistling:

CS-GGB-VIEW2.JPG

I smoked a handful of these black dragons robos a while back and if they are any indication of their bigger salomone shaped brothers, then I'd say you were still getting ripped off. Wonder why the bands are different?

Ahhhhhh Gurkha, they used to have a couple good blends, but then they made so many different kinds. The one l liked was the Regent and the Sherpa.

Without a doubt, the worst cigar I've ever had.

Gurkha have gone out of favor with me, they all taste the same now.

I never had those, but the robo's mentioned earlier were truly aweful.

I never had those, but the robo's mentioned earlier were truly aweful.

After smoking them I can truly say what smoking dirt tastes like. For a while I thought that's what people who reviewed cigars described as earthy.

how do you pronounce this brand? rhyme with burka?

I've smoked a few Gurkhas, but not the Dragon. They seem to be selling cheaply across the internet though (CI $59.00 / 10). I like trying new sticks, and if you drink enough, you can smoke all 10 even if they suck. :whistling:

Never been near any Gurkha stick. Completely turned off by a 'premium' label that floods the market with so many lines. No way the product can be decent.

CI was giving out free Gurkha Beauty's last night. I just looked it up and it is selling for around $25, and even has some decent reviews. Never had one I guess I'll need to give i a shot.

CI was giving out free Gurkha Beauty's last night. I just looked it up and it is selling for around $25, and even has some decent reviews. Never had one I guess I'll need to give i a shot.

Definitely keep us all posted on those results should you try one :thumbs:

When I first started smoking, I tried maybe 1/2 dozen different Gurkhas. No doubt my tastes have changed, but at the time I thought one or two of them were decent, and used to pick these up when they were heavily discounted. Now I'd much rather give a cheap no-name brand a shot - figure my odds of finding a decent smoke are better.

When I first started smoking, I tried maybe 1/2 dozen different Gurkhas. No doubt my tastes have changed, but at the time I thought one or two of them were decent, and used to pick these up when they were heavily discounted. Now I'd much rather give a cheap no-name brand a shot - figure my odds of finding a decent smoke are better.

So true, hey let's all dip our cigars in cognac...

same here i started with gurkhas and some were good i actually still have some from 07 as i started smoking better stuff i just left them in the humi.
the other day i tried one and it wasnt bad it actually tasted better than i remember it but it tunneled horribly and i threw it out. It was a triple ligero stick, i smoked it originally in spain after a steak dinner and it was a strong cigar with tons of smoke. After 5yrs it mellowed out but not by much but was a lot smoother than what i remember. i actually would have probably enjoyed it if it wasnt for the tunnel issues.

with all that said i dont think i would ever buy another gurkha

I, like several others, started out with a few different Gurkhas. I had one recently, I thnk it was a Beast or something, and it had some real burn

issues as well. When I started out I thought these were premium smokes, but with age comes experience.

Seems Gurkha floods the market with different brands and it's hard to keep up with them all.

I have some in my humidor, but probably will not purchase any more.

That being said, the Special Ops line weren't too bad and have been the best burning of this brand I have had.

Just my .02