• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Replacement Stems?

MJL

I recently saw a few pipes at an antique store with bent stems and really liked them. Upon closer examination I realized the stems had been chewed through. The pipes would other wise be totally functional if I could replace the stem. Anyone care to clue me in to where I can find replacement stems? In particular I am looking for the more odd shaped stems?

Ask your tobacco shop. Recently the stem of one of my favorite pipes broke in my checked luggage. I took it to my local B&M shop, and they sent it to their repair guy. I got it back in a couple of weeks with a new stem for about $15.

Actually, I am looking for an online source as I have struck out with the local guys.

JM Boswell replaces pipe stems and can usually match up what you need. Get in touch with them and let them know what you need.

And as if that wasn't enought information, try here

or here.

There are also a number of pipe repair services that will completely recondition the pipes to whatever degree you'd like. One of the best is:
this company.

I would recomend sending the pipe to a source that either could send the pipe to a repair or a source that will repair the pipe directly. The stem is made to fit the pipe when the pipe is made. Each stem is made for that pipe as a exact fit.

I would recomend sending the pipe to a source that either could send the pipe to a repair or a source that will repair the pipe directly. The stem is made to fit the pipe when the pipe is made. Each stem is made for that pipe as a exact fit.

Ditto. See the last link in my post.

Walker Briar Works is one of the finest pipe repair facilities I've ever used. If you have a very odd shaped stem that needs replacement or require a particular bend, Dave Wolff will carry it out for you.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/index.html

Dave takes special measures to be certain fit is correct and the shank is unmarked, see http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/no-scuff_repairs.html

Walker Briar Works is in Michigan, but it was recommended to me by a local (Minnesota) pipe shop. WBW is certainly more expensive than buying a stem from PIMO or Pipeland, but you don't have to cut and shape the stem yourself or risk injuring the shank.

JM Boswell replaces pipe stems and can usually match up what you need. Get in touch with them and let them know what you need.

Agreed, JM does some fantastic work, and is great about doing small and odd job such as stem replacements.
Haven't bought a pipe from them yet myself, but it's on my list and they've always been nothing but cordial and patient when I've called to ask stupid questions about stuff.

--edit--
Ooops, sorry for the necro post, I didn't stoop to looks at the date of the post I was replying to.

No worries bro, this a question I had always had anyway, thanks for bumping it back up :thumbs:

Dang... be glad you only lost your stem, i seemed to have lost my pipe entirely. I have a backup, but really would like my genuine pipe i bought in Havanna . Damn kids took it off the deck railing while cooling overnight? :angry: I been looking for weeks thru grass and hedges and now time for a new pipe.

First rule for pipe smokers, never leave your pipe unattended. You never know what can happen :angry: