• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Resolved!

and they dont want us selling "Mike Ditka Cigars" because they dont like that we use Mike on our website.

Do you guys have any of those Mike Ditka cigars in stock? The ones that Graycliff made for him? I've been somewhat casually looking for those for a gift for my Dad, since he's a huge Bears fan.

If he doesn't have any, cbid usually has fivers for under msrp.

UPDATE.

had a conference with the Judge and mikes cigars said they wanted to settle...
but then the next day they give us a deal like this..

1. Mikes Cigars wants MD Cigars to let them know first and ask permission to sell any products named Mike.. like "Mike Ditka Cigars"

2. Mikes Cigars wants the rights to sue us if they dont like something, and also if they lose the lawsuit, then they think they dont have to pay the fees, we should pay their lawyers fees as well even if they lose!

3. They also want us to limit talking about the owner (the use of the word Mike) to 1 time on 1 page

NOT...

I guess we are going to take the long way and take this right to court..

Even the Judge in the conference asked "How come the owners cant just call each other" and my lawyer stated that we want to, but aparently Oded it too important to talk to us". I have still never talked to them personally..

What a crock of shit guys..
Its back to court with these guys.

I will keep ya updated.

Rip 'em a new one Mike! I am allowed to say Mike aren't I Mike? I wouldn't want the Mike police to come and try to take my mike away from me. I'd have to break out the 7.62 mike mike. :p

Thanks dor the update Mike, take all the way to court and get it done once and for all....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Well, we went to court, and we won the first round!
All the uses of Mike on my website are LAWFULL as I knew they were.

The Judge DENIED mikes cigars the preliminary injuction they wanted. and said there was no reason for this action as all the uses of Mike on my website are LEGAL USE OF MY NAME! and any evidence they had was from 2002. so its hard to make up an Urgent need for something that does not exist.

The judge found that Mikes Cigars Facts were just plain wrong.
Mikes Cigars Lawyers made up a lot of stuff in the courtroom, rather than stick to the facts.

Its funny as they are doing everything they can, even making up facts to try to win their case, where we just sit there and tell the truth.

We again offered to settle, and the Judge said that the case is so weak that mikes cigars should settle, but Oded and his lawyer was arrogant the whole time and its clear that no settlement is in sight.

Thanks for the update Mike and congrats on the 1st round win......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Kick ass and take names....specificly his. Maybe YOU'LL own Mike by the time this is over :p

Nothing gets my goat more than people abusing the laws designed to protect us.
Sick 'em, MD!

So, since your name will not be Mike anymore, what are you going to go with? How about Thor? You can't have Smitty, because that's mine. I will sue anyone else that calls themself Smitty - be warned!!

Seriously - I cannot imagine that this will be able to amount to anything. Good luck though. I will be emailing them to let them know that they are hurting their business severly by doing this.

- Smitty™

MY lawyer said to contact you? not sure why....

last i checked I had SMITTY in 04 before you registered. so I am sueing you :sign:

The dispute of the use of the trademark has now been resolved with formal terms entered by a court.

I am very happy with the outcome and I think Oded is happy also.

Additionally, not only is this issue resolved, but I believe we have started a new friendship which is a positive thing for both companies.

If your opponent is happy you didn't screw them hard enough.

The dispute of the use of the trademark has now been resolved with formal terms entered by a court.

Additionally, not only is this issue resolved, but I believe we have started a new friendship which is a positive thing for both companies.

Glad to hear it is over and both parties are happy with the outcome.....

Remember that a rat is still a rat, even when he is smiling. Be careful of this new friendship.