• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Resting tubos....

cbrf2

A box of punch petite coronas were sent to me from overseas, and im a little bit confused. These are the tubos, so do i leave them in the tubos to rest? Or should i remove the tubes and let the cigar rest bare?

Your choice.

I would keep them in the tubos to protect the cigar. But would remove the cap so as to let the humidity pass in and out of the tube. and also I would keep the rh at 63%

yah, i totally forgot about the search. Im starting off on the bad foot here, lol. But thanks for the heads up, y'all!

If you have the room, just leave them in the box as is.
Otherwise, I'd just lay them in the humi. cap on/off your choice.

cbrf2 said:
yah, i totally forgot about the search. Im starting off on the bad foot here, lol. But thanks for the heads up, y'all!
[snapback]224810[/snapback]​

Nah, not a bad foot. People told me when I was new, so I'm just passing it along. Valid question, much debate, no consensus. Enjoy your stay here. Welcome aboard. Great place to learn about cigars. See ya around the board!

maybe try leaving one in the tube, one out. i would like to know if there is a difference. i store my H. UP. coronas minor out of tube, in the humi. (i only have one left)

The tubes are on the cigars for a reason. They soak up the flavor of the cedar surrounding them. Leave them in the tubes with the caps on. That is the proper way to store tubed cigars.

You now have your definitive answer.

If you'd ever had a tubos that's been stored intact for 5+ years you'd know what The Master is talking about ;)

The Master said:
The tubes are on the cigars for a reason. They soak up the flavor of the cedar surrounding them. Leave them in the tubes with the caps on. That is the proper way to store tubed cigars.

You now have your definitive answer.
[snapback]225425[/snapback]​

Amen. I believe every forum should have a sticky thread at the top of the Cuban room that explains that you need to leave the damn cigars alone. lol