• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Returning the Favor - a contest.

Yojimbo

Brutish Nubber
When I came to CP almost 5 years ago, I did so with what I thought was a wealth of smoking experience, almost zero smoking budget, and no idea what to expect. I quickly learned that I knew practically nothing about cigars and smoking them, that I needed a second job, and developed a great admiration for this community. I saw acts of brotherhood and kindness between people that were just words on a screen to each other.

It wasn't long before someone sent an "act of kindness" my way, in the form of some smokes I could never hope to find on my own. When I PM'd asking how I could pay them back for their kindness, the response I got was "Pay it Forward someday. Help someone out who is where you are now."

I like to think I've lived a "PIF" life here on CP, and in that spirit, I'm going to run this newbie contest. Contest is open to any member with LESS than one year tenure at CP, and less than 2 years experience with cigar smoking. Usual small print applies, no asshattery, no moochers, etc. there's no post count requirement, but you must have posted an intro.

The final requirement is that you MUST give your word to pay it forward yourself at some point. There's no way to verify this step, it relies on your honor.

The prize is a gift pack from Oliva, containing one each of the serie O, V, G, and conn SE; along with a guillotine cutter.

a693799d-41fc-3838.jpg

a693799d-420f-adc7.jpg

To win, just answer this easy question:

Who was my first target in my very first newbie war?

Remember, search is your friend, here and in all of CP. Have fun nooblets!

Yeah, I saw that, I keep forgetting that Rod added the contests room. Maybe he'll move it for me. Thanks for the call out though! Much appreciated.

Well you sent two bombs out at the same time I believe, so should I only say one of them?

I'm going to say Rod was your first target because both bombs hit the same day, but Rod was the first to confirm the hit. The other hit was confirmed 3 hours and 24 minutes later.

Hopefully I'm not cheating the system too much by posting 30 minutes later, but it is the next day :whistling:

Second guess is NullSmurf. He was one of the two bombs that you sent out in the Newbie War of '08. :)