• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reverse HOT Deal

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Take a look at this and then look here. We need to clean the gene pool some :sign: :sign:

People can be so stupid sometimes. This is one of the problems with Cigar Bid when you have idiots bidding against each other and driving up the cost of cigars well beyond MRSP.

El_Malo_de_Cali said:
People can be so stupid sometimes. This is one of the problems with Cigar Bid when you have idiots bidding against each other and driving up the cost of cigars well beyond MRSP.
IMHO, this is NOT a problem! In order for CBID to keep offering products, they NEED to have some idiots in there overbidding for these cigars.

Their overbidding is not driving up the prices of all cigars, just the one box that they are buying!
Let the unknowledgeable people keep paying too much, it actually enables the rest of us to get great deals by keeping CBID in business. Heck, you should congradulate them for their generousity! :D

Unless the auction is for a rare or hard to find item, they will have another in a day or two, feel free to bid on that one, you will probably get it!

John V. Bringing out the horse, commence beating! :lookup:

I understand your points fully and normally things like this don't need comment but this example was/is just so out of bounds I thought I'd point it out.

AVB said:
I understand your points fully and normally things like this don't need comment but this example was/is just so out of bounds I thought I'd point it out.
AVB, I'm glad that you did, it provides some laughter for all of us! :p :p :p

If people willingly pay more than msrp, it is their right as an American to do so! :D

I stand behind them oh......130% over invoice! :D :D

camaroon4me said:
horse.gif

Looks to me to be a one armed bandit :D You should have had his other arm smoking a fat ISOM while enjoying the flogging.

camaroon4me said:
El_Malo_de_Cali said:
IMHO, this is NOT a problem! In order for CBID to keep offering products, they NEED to have some idiots in there overbidding for these cigars.

Their overbidding is not driving up the prices of all cigars, just the one box that they are buying!
Let the unknowledgeable people keep paying too much, it actually enables the rest of us to get great deals by keeping CBID in business. Heck, you should congradulate them for their generousity! :D

Unless the auction is for a rare or hard to find item, they will have another in a day or two, feel free to bid on that one, you will probably get it!

Oh I understand completely your points. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect me if someone pays too much at Cigarbid as I will have long dropped out of such an auction. I mean, hey, that's Capitalism in all its glory and beauty and I love it. And I know that they repeat auctions and that more often than not you get it around again at a deal.

But as AVB pointed out, somethings things are so far out of line that it deserves calling people stupid and idiotic. The only problem I guess it poses is that it forces those in the know to wait a little longer for their goods to come back around. Something that is hard to do sometimes. :D

Out of curiousness, is it Cigarbid that financially supports Cigars International or the other way around? I think it difficult to guarantee the success of your business on a few stupid dumbasses who overbid on a certain item, while the majority get deals. So its probably those who shop over at the CI side that help keeps other costs down.

And, of course, I was not speaking of driving up the costs of ALL cigars worldwide, globally or each and every cigar Cigarbid offers. I only meant the particular cigars that are the subject of that particular auction, like the CAO's in AVB's example.

El_Malo_de_Cali said:
camaroon4me said:
El_Malo_de_Cali said:
People can be so stupid sometimes.  This is one of the problems with Cigar Bid when you have idiots bidding against each other and driving up the cost of cigars well beyond MRSP.

Oh I understand completely your points. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect me if someone pays too much at Cigarbid as I will have long dropped out of such an auction. I mean, hey, that's Capitalism in all its glory and beauty and I love it. And I know that they repeat auctions and that more often than not you get it around again at a deal.

But as AVB pointed out, somethings things are so far out of line that it deserves calling people stupid and idiotic. The only problem I guess it poses is that it forces those in the know to wait a little longer for their goods to come back around. Something that is hard to do sometimes. :D

Out of curiousness, is it Cigarbid that financially supports Cigars International or the other way around? I think it difficult to guarantee the success of your business on a few stupid dumbasses who overbid on a certain item, while the majority get deals. So its probably those who shop over at the CI side that help keeps other costs down.

And, of course, I was not speaking of driving up the costs of ALL cigars worldwide, globally or each and every cigar Cigarbid offers. I only meant the particular cigars that are the subject of that particular auction, like the CAO's in AVB's example.
Well Put EL_Mal!

I think you are right that CI supports CBID. Im sure it's just another avenue for them to unload more stogies and supplies. Even selling at less than msrp, they are making a good profit on volume alone.
If I was selling goods, I wouldn't mind selling for a little less and making it up on a heavy volume, it helps them to receive better discounts.
Of course if someone pays them MORE than they normally sell it for, then thats ok too! :D
Do you suppose those people that run the CBID division get a kick out of it when someone goofs up and pays a kings ransom for a box of smokes?
I imagine they have a "wall of fame" for the real suckers! Probably send them "special secret deals" from time to time! :lookup:

Still gotta love CBID, the best place I have found to buy 5vers at box or below box prices. im patiently waiting even as I write for a box from UPS.
I am trying the new Sherpa Diablo Torpedo's, and I got the Punch Rare Corojo Pita. :thumbs:

JV

LMAO and only 2 bidders bidding on them. How sad! Must be a "lets see who has the biggest balls" contest.

And to top it off they are paying that much for one of the least expensive CAO Blacks :lookup:

Where's Darwin when you need him? :p

camaroon4me said:
I am trying the new Sherpa Diablo Torpedo's, and I got the Punch Rare Corojo Pita. :thumbs:

JV
I like the Diablo Churchills I picked up last year, good smoke for the $1.25 each I paid.

I can't speak for all the cigar manufactures, but AF does reward retailers that move more volume with a larger shipment of the rarer cigars. I sure CI gets the same breaks of larger shipments and or larger discounts with the volume they produce with Cigar Bid.

Keep in mind that although you get what you consider a great deal on your winning bid, it's still a profit to CI.

The bid on the CAO Black isn't too far above CB's bids on the more popular cigars. Check out the bids on Hemingways sometimes. :0

Wascal said:
I can't speak for all the cigar manufactures, but AF does reward retailers that move more volume with a larger shipment of the rarer cigars. I sure CI gets the same breaks of larger shipments and or larger discounts with the volume they produce with Cigar Bid.

Keep in mind that although you get what you consider a great deal on your winning bid, it's still a profit to CI.

The bid on the CAO Black isn't too far above CB's bids on the more popular cigars. Check out the bids on Hemingways sometimes. :0
I'm all for Cbid making a profit, and a good one. If they didn't, then I would have to find somewhere else to buy my 5vers. Myself, if I dont think it's a good deal, I dont bid on it, plain and simple.
It's fun though to laugh at this current example, someone should drop them a clue!
JV

I wonder if they get the freebie ten pack, too. LOL I'm all for CBid and the uninformed that drive the prices up. They let me sneak in and grab 25 various sticks that I've wanted to try(Padron, Petrus Anejo, Joya de Nicaragua, Nat Sherman), and a Pimp Stick hat for $45 shipped. Always use another golf hat playing in the Nevada heat. ;)

I haven't bought anything over there is quite some time. Looks to me like these things are happening more frequently and in general the deals that used to be there are not as good as they once were in general and this is an extreme example! :D LMAO Thanks for the post!

Actually....idiots like that are driving down pices at c-bid. Granted you cant buy that lot at MSRP. But if it weren't for idiots like that, c-bid could not afford to sell their **** at redicuosly low prices. :sign:

Emo

It's not the price, it's the bidding. There's a whole group of people out there that need a 12 step program thanks to sites like Ebay and others. I've seen closeout boxes of dog rockets that are on cigarcigar for 10 bucks or so, go for 50 bucks or more on Ebay. Lots of people are lazy and uninformed. And they refuse to take two minutes to open a search engine and see if they are getting cornholed. But that's what makes this country great, the people in the deep end of the gene pool feed off the shallow end.