• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of "Quai d'Orsay 50"

Kart001

Hi everyone

This is my 2nd review and it will be about a cigar I enjoyed a lot : Quay d'Orsay 50

Wrapper color : Colorado

Type : Small Robusto

Pre light : Sweet aromas and herbal. The construction seems great with no imperfections

1st third : The savour is mostly sweet and the sensation creamy.

On the retrohaling, the aromas are on the pastry, chocolate and a little woody (cedar I think).

It is so smooth and subtle : a great moment.

2nd third : There are no big changes : The savour stays sweet and the sensation creamy.

Nevertheless, the aromas evolves a little with apparition of a nut flavor in addition to the pastry that remains.

3rd third : the sweet aromas tends to disappear replaced by something more vegetal (herbs…) but the nuts remain (chestnut I’d say). The sensation is now a little more sour.

The end is a little harsher (normal) so I let it extinguish.

Anyway I had a fantastic time with this cigar

What I like :
  • perfect construction and a very nice combustion
  • good density of the smoke
  • mild cigar with many sweet aromas
  • smooth and very subtle cigar
What I didn’t like :
  • really nothing… oh yes just one thing indeed : too short ;).
So general rating will be 9/10 for me.

Just one precision : if you want to pair it with a drink,I recommend something not too hard because I think it will spoilt it.

Thanks to all who read me till the end :)

Attachments

• 20200825_115445.gif
    20200825_115445.gif
    373.5 KB · Views: 8
Another fantastic review, Thomas. Really enjoyed reading it!

Very good review, and parallels my experiences with this cigar, as well. It's not a stand-out smoke to me, but still good (and will be better with age).

If you like Quai you gotta try the older ones. NO, you get none from my several left.
Quai Corona 2002
I'm running out and I am thinking best cigar I ever smoked...?

Attachments

• Quai corona.JPG
    Quai corona.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 6
If you like Quai you gotta try the older ones. NO, you get none from my several left.
Quai Corona 2002
I'm running out and I am thinking best cigar I ever smoked...?
you don‘t get it. You can’t peddle your fake cigars here. Please stop

Never sell the ones you love. Wow nice response!
If you never saw older Quai then you would not know.
You mean like Imperiales and panatelas? Great cigars... Please school us on your experiences with them!

Not a Quai guy only new Robustos 50 and 54 till I opened a few of the collection because of a lack of money.
The Corona was perfect after 20 years and ash to the band.
The newer ones are too bland in my opinion.

Great review.
Have my first of these on their way.
They get nothing but high praises everywhere I have read about them, and finally lucked out and found some in stock.