• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reviving a Cigar?

ConDaddy

So my wifes ex husband is out visiting this week (older daughter is my step daughter) and he brought with him a couple of cuban cigars as a gift. I guess he was gifted a box from one of his customers. The problem is that since he's not a cigar smoker he never bothered to stick them in a humidor. So they've just been sitting in the box for a couple of months without any humidification. Luckily the cigars haven't fallen apart yet other than one has a very small crack at the foot.

Is it even worth trying to rehydrate these?

So my wifes ex husband is out visiting this week (older daughter is my step daughter) and he brought with him a couple of cuban cigars as a gift. I guess he was gifted a box from one of his customers. The problem is that since he's not a cigar smoker he never bothered to stick them in a humidor. So they've just been sitting in the box for a couple of months without any humidification. Luckily the cigars haven't fallen apart yet other than one has a very small crack at the foot.

Is it even worth trying to rehydrate these?

Can't hurt to try...you'll probably have to sit them for a while though at proper RH.

Try one now...see how it is, then sit the rest for a few months and try again, that way you have a comparison. Most likely they will have definitely lost some of their essential oils though.

Can't hurt to try...you'll probably have to sit them for a while though at proper RH.

Try one now...see how it is, then sit the rest for a few months and try again, that way you have a comparison. Most likely they will have definitely lost some of their essential oils though.
Sadly he only brought me 2, told him next time he’s given a box I expect them all.

Is he from AZ? If so they are probably really really dry. If he is from somewhere with humidity in the air it might be ok. I'd throw them in the humidor and give them a try. Nothing to lose.

Is he from AZ? If so they are probably really really dry. If he is from somewhere with humidity in the air it might be ok. I'd throw them in the humidor and give them a try. Nothing to lose.
He's actually from northern cal. He owns a marijuana farm up there so I gave him shit for not knowing how to take care of these things. Made him order some Boveda packs and a tupperware container if he gets anymore.

He's actually from northern cal. He owns a marijuana farm up there so I gave him shit for not knowing how to take care of these things. Made him order some Boveda packs and a tupperware container if he gets anymore.
Slightly higher RH for cigars than herb, or that's what I hear anyway. 😬

Smoke 1, and that will give you an indication if the other one is salvageable. Chances are, the oils have dried out, if that is the case, you do not want to re-moisturize it, that would make it taste like wet newspaper (or any non-cuban 😂)