• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ring Gauge

I'm still trying to figure out which size I like best. Different brands taste better in different sizes, so it's not cut n dry. Thought I was into the 60 ring gauges recently as I prefer more flavor than strength, but I found that to be wrong, most sticks were like smoking air. More trial and error.

Me personally, I have had we 32 up to uhhhh novelty sized cigars. I think that anything between 40 to 54 is great. Only thing I don't really like about larger than that is typically the time commitment. I don't always have 2.5 or more hours to smoke a cigar!

I used to believe that larger ring gauge cigars allowed for a more complex smoke because they could roll multiple different leaves into one cigar.

I had a Por Larranaga Monte Carlo last week that was exceptional and very complex.

I'm still trying to figure out which size I like best. Different brands taste better in different sizes, so it's not cut n dry. Thought I was into the 60 ring gauges recently as I prefer more flavor than strength, but I found that to be wrong, most sticks were like smoking air. More trial and error.
Most of the "flavor" is in the wrapper. A smaller rg will give you a higher wrapper to filler ratio.

I'm in the same boat as most others with the 40-52 ring size. I notice the flavors are better in the smaller cigars, and tend to fit into my availability of smoking time better.