• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RIP Gunny Hartman

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
J3RDC6FDAM33RFLTSS2XLLFWLE.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/obituaries/r-lee-ermey-dead-actor.html

My son told me about that the other day..... I told him Full Metal Jacket was the most realistic depiction of Marine Boot Camp I had ever seen in a film to date with Ermey's portrayal. He was blown away by the movie at 15 years old.

My son told me about that the other day..... I told him Full Metal Jacket was the most realistic depiction of Marine Boot Camp I had ever seen in a film to date with Ermey's portrayal. He was blown away by the movie at 15 years old.
Absolutely. The closest thing on film to what I went through.

RIP Gunny. BTW, I skated through boot camp, even by Navy standards. Was in a drill company. Extra time was spent learning how to catch a rifle with a bayonet attached, not on the grinder doing a 16 count manual of arms.

Doc

RIP Gunny. BTW, I skated through boot camp, even by Navy standards. Was in a drill company. Extra time was spent learning how to catch a rifle with a bayonet attached, not on the grinder doing a 16 count manual of arms.

Doc

My J hat was previously on the silent drill team, so I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the grinder. I remember the creativity he had on the grinder was a thing of beauty. He once had the entire platoon with our rifles directly out in front of us, two fingers from the left hand on the iron sights, and two fingers from the right hand pulling the charging handle half way, holding it for a good 15 minutes. The good ol' days

R.I.P. Gunny

R.I.P
He smoking a good cigar in that pic. (La Aurora 1903 Limited Edition) One of my all time favorite movies (Full Metal Jacket)

The man had a stellar career.....RIP!